England Vs West Indies Live Score (T20)
West Indies beat England by 21 runs
West Indies 176/9 (20.0 ov) R/R 8.8
England 155/10 (19.3 ov) R/R 8.03
- Liam Plunkett 6,
- Tom Curran 1
|Tom Curran||not out||1||2||0||0|
7 ( 1.1 ) R/R:6
Liam Plunkett 6(5)
Tom Curran 1(2)
Last Wicket 155/10 (19.3 over)
Liam Plunkett 18 (11) S.R (163.64)
b Carlos Brathwaite
- This ends the proceedings of the one-off T20I between England and West Indies. It was an entertaining game with the pendulum swinging both ways. Eventually the World Champions got the better of the hosts to register yet another T20I victory over them. Now, we turn our attention to the ODIs. The first one takes place at Old Trafford on 19th September. The action will start at 1230 local, 1130 GMT. Hope you join us for it. Until then, goodbye and take care!
- Man of the Match, Sunil Narine tells that it was a total team effort by them. Mentions that the conditions were very difficult. Informs that the change in action has been difficult for him, he's not 100 percent and hopes to get back to his best. Tells that it's his pace, which deceives the batsman. Shares his thought on his team, which is new but know their game very well. Adds that winning an award for the country is always special and above all. Ends by saying that he won't be playing the ODIs as he needs some practice in that format so he would be flying home to play in the domestic competition.
- Once that happened, Brathwaite brought his go-to man, Sunil Narine into the attack and boy, wasn't he sensational? He bowled a match-winning spell of 4-0-15-2 and got good support from Nurse. Williams and Brathwaite then mixed it up really well to take full toll of the conditions that were on offer. Dispatching the ball became really tough and the slower ones reaped them huge dividends. The middle order couldn't do anything and cameos from Bairstow and Buttler only reduced the defeat margin...
- When the chase began, Taylor gave his team a desired start, removing Roy on the very first ball. Alex Hales too would have been out on a golden duck but Powell gave him a reprieve. That then gave him the license to go berserk as he smashed the ball all around the park to bring the chase back on track. He and Root were going along quite well but it was Carlos Brathwaite who removed the dashing opener in the last over of the Powerplay which opened the floodgates.
- West Indies know T20 cricket in and out, they love T20 cricket, they boss T20 cricket and the World Champions continue to have an upper hand over England. This is their third consecutive win against the hosts and that should tell you how dangerous a side they are, doesn't matter where they play. After losing the plot in the first innings, the Windies crawled their way to 176 which didn't look that threatening enough considering the batsmen in the opposition camp.
- 19.3 OUT! The LED's are lit and it's all over for England! Skipper Brathwaite ends the proceedings by cleaning up Plunkett. He angles a straight delivery on a length around middle. Plunkett goes for a wild swing across the line, misses and sees his stumps disturbed. Carlos is delighted and hugs Gayle in joy. He too completes his 3-fer. WINDIES WIN BY 21 RUNS! They have clinched the one-off T20I!
- 19.2 Another shorter delivery from Brathwaite, Plunkett pulls it flat over backward square leg. There's protection there and another brace is taken.
- 19.1 Back of a length delivery, angling in, Plunkett mistimes his pull in the mid-wicket region. There's no one in the circle there and an easy couple is taken.
- Carlos Brathwaite to bowl the final over. He was the man for his side about 18 months back but with the bat. This time he has to do it with the ball. The pressure isn't that much though...
- 18.6 Slower one, slogged over on the leg side for a run. 151/9
- 18.5 Length delivery around off, Curran swipes across, gets an inside edge onto the pads and the ball rolls away. A single is taken.
- 18.4 Banged in short, surprises Curran, who sways away from the ball.
- 18.3 Driven through mid on for a single.
- Tom Curran is the last man in. 29 needed from 10 balls.
- 18.2 OUT! 3-fer for Kesrick Williams! Jordan holes out! Williams bowls a slower delivery full and angling into the batsman. Jordan goes for the whip, gets it off the toe end and Rovman Powell in the deep, catches another one to send Chris packing. Windies just one wicket away from victory!