England Vs Pakistan Live Score (TEST)
Pakistan beat England by 9 wickets
Pakistan 66/1 (12.4 ov) R/R 5.32 | Match Ended
- Haris Sohail 39,
- Imam-ul-Haq 12
this over :
|Haris Sohail||not out||39||32||6||1|
54 ( 10.1 ) R/R:5.31
Haris Sohail 39(32)
Last Wicket 12/1 (2.3 over)
Azhar Ali 4 (10) S.R (40.00)
b James Anderson
- That ends our coverage of the Lord's game. A rather lopsided affair, which was quite unexpected. England were bland in all aspects of the game and paid the price. However, we all know how potent they can be when they get their act right and will be hungry to bounce back. On the other hand, Pakistan were astute overall. They will look to capitalize on the dream start and continue their form. Join us for the second and final Test of the series from the 1st of June in Headingley, Leeds. Till then, cheers!
- The Man of the Match has been awarded to Mohammad Abbas for his terrific performance with the ball. He was in his elements from the word go and took a 8-wicket haul to push the Englishmen on the back foot.
- Trailing by 179, the pressure was immense on the batters of the English team and it further escalated as they lost Cook and Stoneman cheaply. Though, Root played a captain's innings and scored his 40th Test fifty but he failed to make it big. Buttler and Bess then delayed the inevitable with a big seventh wicket partnership (126 runs) and pushed the game into the fourth day. However, Pakistan came out with better plans today and the new ball helped them in a big way. Overall, it was a great team effort from the Asian team and they were the deserving winners.
- After winning the toss, England decided to bat under overcast conditions, but the home team was rocked early as they lost three quick wickets. However, Cook tried to resurrect the innings with a half century but the hosts were bundled out for a paltry total of 184 in their first essay with the bat. In reply, Pakistan batted smartly, they assessed the conditions better than the hosts. Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Babar Azam and Shadab Khan scored their respective fifties while the rest chipped in as they went on to post 363. Ben Stokes did give his heart out with the ball but it didn't prove enough to give his team the upper hand.
- An emphatic win for Pakistan, they have cruised along without breaking a sweat in this run chase. 64 was never going to challenge the visitors, but the way their young batsmen handled it was noteworthy. Haris Sohail was the aggressor of the two, while Imam played the second fiddle in the 54-run unbeaten stand which saw them get over the line. However, the game was set up by their bowlers earlier in the session. Abbas and Amir wreaked havoc. The two complimented each other well and snared eight wickets combined in this innings. Abbas was the pick of the bowlers for Pakistan, the right-arm pacer took a 8-wicket haul and his efforts played a big role in Pakistan winning this game. This is also the second consecutive win for Pakistan at the Mecca of Cricket, Lord's.
- 12.4 FOUR! That is that! Game, set and match! PAKISTAN WIN BY 9 WICKETS! They take a 1-0 lead in the series. A friendly delivery from Bess on the middle and leg stump line, the batsman whips it with absolute ease to the mid-wicket boundary.
- 12.3 Fuller length ball on off, Haris goes on the front foot and defends it on the off side.
- 12.2 Looks to defend that one, but misses it as that one keeps low.
- 12.1 SIX! S-H-O-T! Haris tonks one into the stands. A low full toss, he goes down on one knee and slogs it over the mid-wicket boundary for a biggie. That's the 50-run stand between Sohail and Imam!
- 11.6 Stays tall and gets behind the line to block it. 56/1
- 11.5 The batsman picked the bouncer early and let it through to the keeper.
- 11.4 Consistent short bowling from the English bowlers. Imam gets another one into his body and punches the ball down to the mid off region for another couple.
- 11.3 The batsman stays tall and keeps it down to the mid-wicket region. Another run added to the total.
- 11.2 Bouncer! The batsman ducks in time to let that one go over him.
- 11.1 Goes over the wicket, angles into the body of Imam who does well to stay tall and get behind the line. He punches it from the back foot through the vacant cover region and takes three.