England Vs Pakistan Live Score (ODI)
England beat Pakistan by 54 runs
England 351/9 (50.0 ov) R/R 7.02
Pakistan 297/10 (46.5 ov) R/R 6.39
- Shaheen Afridi 19,
- Mohammad Hasnain 28
|Shaheen Afridi||not out||19||26||2||0|
47 ( 6.4 ) R/R:7.05
Shaheen Afridi 19(23)
Mohammad Hasnain 28(17)
Last Wicket 297/10 (46.5 over)
Mohammad Hasnain 28 (17) S.R (164.71)
st Jos Buttler b Adil Rashid
- That is it from this game and series then. England have stamped their authority with a 4-0 victory and will aim to replicate this form during the World Cup. Not too many international matches being played over the course of these 10 days with the warm-up games starting on May 24. Looking forward to the big tourney. Take a break, refresh yourselves and be back for the mega event. ADIOS! TAKE CARE!
- CHRIS WOAKES HAS BEEN NAMED THE MAN OF THE MATCH. Good choice, given that normally batsmen get that award and Root and Morgan were in the reckoning. But well done Woakes, with a 4-fer and a 5-fer in this series. JASON ROY HAS BEEN NAMED THE MAN OF THE SERIES, for scoring 277 runs in just 3 outings, which had a century and 2 half centuries.
- At last, we got a 5-fer in this series. It was turning out to be monotonously boring with only batsmen getting their runs. But in this game, we got a 4-fer from Afridi and then in the run chase, a 5-fer from Woakes, breaking Pakistan's backbone. Rashid was decent too, for his couple of wickets. It was a better performance from England but their bowling still needs a working over.
- It is at that stage when the actual fight began. Babar Azam and Sarfaraz Ahmed sized up the deck beautifully and played sensible strokes. Their 146-run stand kept Pakistan in the hunt till Adil Rashid produced a beauty in the field to run Babar out. Post that, Sarfaraz tried to hang around and take his team home but eventually, it was too much for him and he felt 3 runs short of his ton.
- Heard of the saying, 'Looks are deceptive?' Perhaps Pakistan were deceived by the look of this pitch. They probably thought it was a belter like the previous ones in this series and could play their shots. But they were wrong. One needed to get set on this pitch and then try to play shots. Before they could even think of the word boundary in their mind, Woakes had reduced them to 6/3 in 3 overs.
- For a change, in this game, the bowlers got a chance to come to the party. At first, with Root and Morgan going great guns in the first innings, it seemed like 500 was indeed on the cards. But Root's wicket led to a collapse and England were 'restricted' to 351. At the halfway mark, given the way Pakistan had batted in this series, it looked like they might chase this down.
- A perfect warm-up heading into the World Cup for England. Their 11TH SUCCESSIVE BILATERAL SERIES WIN IN ODIS. Plus in this one, not a game lost.
- 46.5 OUT! STUMPED! Game, set and match. More flight from Rashid, Hasnain comes down the track and looks to swipe against the line. He misses but Buttler doesn't. Easy stumping. ENGLAND WIN BY 54 RUNS AND CLEANSWEEP PAKISTAN 4-0!
- 46.4 Nicely floated around off, watchfully defended.
- 46.3 FOUR! Terrific shot! A flighted delivery around middle, Hasnain comes down the track, takes it on the full and bashes it over the bowler, down the ground, beating long on!
- 46.2 Full and around leg, swept through square leg for a single.
- 46.1 The googly, around leg, Afridi looks to defend but gets hit on the pads.
- Adil Rashid returns.
- 45.6 SIX! Ho ho ho! Take a bow, you 19-year old! A length ball outside off, Hasnain clobbers that over cover and it goes the distance! 292/9
- Ha ha ha! What happened there? Hasnain keeps backing away to the leg side, goes out of the pitch but Willey does not deliver! He probably expected Hasnain to not play that ball.