England Vs Pakistan Live Score (ODI)
England beat Pakistan by 3 wickets
Pakistan 340/7 (50.0 ov) R/R 6.8
England 341/7 (49.3 ov) R/R 6.92
- Ben Stokes 10,
- Adil Rashid 12
|Ben Stokes||not out||71||64||5||3|
|Adil Rashid||not out||12||8||1||0|
22 ( 2.1 ) R/R:10.15
Ben Stokes 10(5)
Adil Rashid 12(8)
Last Wicket 319/7 (47.2 over)
Tom Curran 31 (30) S.R (103.33)
b Hasan Ali
- Right then, it's England 3-0 in the series with only one formality ODI left. It's on Sunday, May 19 in Leeds. Do join us at 1100 local (1000 GMT) for all the action. Cheers!
- Jason Roy is awarded the Man of the Match for his impactful hundred. His knock set the tone up front and played a big role in England's victory.
- Earlier in the match, Babar Azam stroked a beautiful century but failed to carry on. The likes of Fakhar Zaman and Mohammad Hafeez also got starts but the kind of finish that was desired never came at the death. Eventually, it was one more defeat for Pakistan, their 9th in a row in a completed ODI and they are finding no momentum heading into the mega event.
- It was yet another poor display of bowling and fielding from Pakistan. Their performance with the new balls was not up to the mark. The pacers failed to create much impact initially, however, towards the end, they bowled some great deliveries to scare the English team. The young bowler, Mohammad Hasnain, impressed with his pace but he went for aplenty. Junaid and Hasan were very inconsistent with their lengths and overall, it was once again a below-par show from the Asian team.
- The target in excess of 300 is always supposed to be a challenging one but given the way England made a mockery of the last chase in Bristol, 341 looked below-par. The English openers once again laid a solid platform with Jason Roy finally converting his fifty to hundred, after getting dropped on 25 by Fakhar Zaman. It was a cruise for the hosts but then came a roadblock. They lost four wickets for 15 runs in a span of 17 balls in the middle overs which brought Pakistan back into the game. However, the asking rate wasn't too much and Ben Stokes along with the lower order batsmen - Joe Denly, Tom Curran and Adil Rashid overhauled the target in the last over.
- A hard-fought win for a change for England. They won't mind it though as it tested their lower order batting. A fine knock under pressure from Ben Stokes and he stayed till the end to drive the English team home.
- 49.3 ENGLAND WIN BY 3 WICKETS! Junaid serves a short ball on off, Stokes stands back and pulls it powerfully to deep mid-wicket for a run. Ben is delighted and the English dressing room is applauding his effort.
- 49.2 Wristily done. Hasan looks for the blockhole but ends up serving a low full toss on middle, Adil flicks it to deep square leg for one. Scores levelled.
- 49.1 Lands it on a length outside off, Stokes strokes it through covers and takes a single. Looks interested for the second run also but it's never on. England on the brink.
- 48.6 EDGY FOUR! Huge cheer from the Barmy Army! A length delivery outside off, Rashid goes hard at it and gets a fat outside edge. It flies past the diving keeper for a boundary at third man. 16 coming from the penultimate over, only 3 more needed off the final one. 338/7
- 48.5 Shout for an lbw from the bowler! Junaid angles in a length ball outside off, Rashid gets across the stumps to play at it but misses. He is hit on the pads, the bowler appeals and Stokes calls his partner for a run. Fakhar gets to the ball at covers and has a needless shy at the bowler's end. Misses and they cross one more time.
- 48.4 Play and a miss! Short again from Junaid, outside off and Adil tries to slam it over point, misses.
- 48.3 10 off the first 3 balls, 9 needed off 9 now. Short and on middle, pulled to deep mid-wicket for one.
- 48.2 SIX! Gone the distance! In spite of a good attempt in the deep. Short in length and wide outside off, Stokes whacks it over point and the fielder at the edge of the rope tries to jump and throw the ball back in play. Fails in doing so and England get a maximum.
- 48.1 Three runs off the first ball! Full in length and outside off, angling away, Rashid strokes it over point. It races away and Hasan gets across it from sweeper cover. He puts in a dive to stop the ball and parries it towards third man. Hasnain coming in from there slips and that allows the third run.