England Vs India Live Score (T20)
India beat England by 8 wickets
England 159/8 (20.0 ov) R/R 7.95
India 163/2 (18.2 ov) R/R 8.96
- Lokesh Rahul 12,
- Virat Kohli 20
|Lokesh Rahul||not out||101||54||10||5|
|Virat Kohli (C)||not out||20||22||0||1|
33 ( 5.4 ) R/R:5.82
Lokesh Rahul 12(12)
Virat Kohli 20(22)
Last Wicket 130/2 (12.4 over)
Rohit Sharma 32 (30) S.R (106.67)
c Eoin Morgan b Adil Rashid
- So that is it from this game! India have won their first T20I against England in England due to which they have also taken a 1-0 lead in the series. England on the other hand, will somehow have to come up with a solution on how to play Kuldeep Yadav. There are still quite a few days for the next game which will be played on the 6th of July 0200 local (0100 GMT). Will we see the visitors once again blow the hosts away or will the home side fight back? Join us to find out. Till then, goodbye and take care.
- Man of the Match, Kuldeep Yadav, says it is the perfect start to his first tour in England. Reckons the wicket suited him and he stuck to bowling line and length. Adds further he looked to land the googly in the perfect area and it went well for him. Mentions Kohli and Dhoni guided him well and he is happy to play under them. Ends by saying he will hope to continue his form.
- India skipper, Virat Kohli, says they were very convincing in this game. He is happy about the youngsters stepping up. Praises Rahul and Kuldeep for the way they played. He reckons Kuldeep's over changed it for them. He feels England scored at least 30 or 40 less than what they should have.
- England skipper, Eoin Morgan, starts by saying India played really well. Adds further the conditions were good and India fought back really hard. Acknowledges the knock of Rahul. Admits they failed to take all the chances that came towards them and they can't afford to do that when they are defending an average total. Ends by saying India outplayed them in this game.
- The England bowlers had no answers to the onslaught. The pacers were taken to the cleaners and the spinners, from whom a lot was expected, also could not deliver. Rashid and Willey did bowl well but when you are defending a total which is below par you need everybody to chip in which was not the case for England in this game.
- Chasing 160, India lost Dhawan early. Rahul then joined forces with Sharma and the two plundered the bowling. More Rahul than Rohit who was happy to play second fiddle. The duo added 123 in just 71 balls which turned the tide completely in India's favour. Rohit fell 8 shot of his half ton but Rahul continued. He along with Kohli ensured there were no further hiccups. The latter got to his ton while the skipper hit the winning runs in style.
- A mockery is what India have made of this run chase and it is courtesy a brilliant ton by Rahul. He walks off to a standing ovation from the crowd. He along with Kuldeep, who took a fifer, has made this English side look really ordinary.
- 18.2 SIX! India have done it, they have won by 8 wickets. A complete performance from them. Kohli had enough of it as the bottom hand comes into play. The ball easily goes up and over the long on boundary for a maximum.
- 18.1 A flighted ball around middle, KL gets it through mid-wicket. Three more runs required now.
- Moeen Ali comes into the attack.
- 17.6 And he has done it! Take a bow, Lokesh Rahul. He has made a few more fans today, without a doubt. A gentle half tracker on leg, Rahul tucks it fine and takes the awaited single. He is pumped and rightly so! Second ton for the classy right-hander in T20Is, perhaps more important for his career. And he dabs to finish off the celebrations. 156/2
- 17.5 A full ball outside off, Kohli guides it behind point for a single and gets to the other end, finally.
- 17.4 Kohli drives the fullish ball through the mid-wicket region and takes two comfortably. Rahul has to wait for his century.
- 17.3 A shortish ball on the hips, Rahul gets it to the on side and takes a single. 99 now!
- 17.2 FOUR! As easy as you like. A length ball on middle and leg, Rahul gets into position and plays the flick. He gets it to the left of Moeen at fine leg as the ball races away to the boundary. Just two more needed for a well deserving century for KL Rahul.