England Vs India Live Score (ODI)
India beat England by 8 wickets
England 268/10 (49.5 ov) R/R 5.41
India 269/2 (40.1 ov) R/R 6.71
- Rohit Sharma 28,
- Lokesh Rahul 9
|Rohit Sharma||not out||137||114||15||4|
|Lokesh Rahul||not out||9||18||0||0|
43 ( 7.1 ) R/R:6
Rohit Sharma 28(25)
Lokesh Rahul 9(18)
Last Wicket 226/ (33 over)
() S.R ()
- That is it from our side for this match. We will get back once again at 1000 GMT (1100 local) on Saturday for the second ODI at Lord's London. Meanwhile, the cricketing action continues around the world. You can catch the live action between West Indies and Bangladesh just by switching tabs. Till then, ciao!
- Man of the Match, Kuldeep Yadav says that after settling into his rhythm, he started looking for the wickets and luckily for him, he got them straight away. Implies that the ground of the dimensions doesn't matter to him as he has been brought up on a smallish ground. Further adds that he hopes that the English batters come hard at him in the next match as he is looking forward to the challenge. Ends by saying that he is waiting for the Test call-up, for which he is quite hopeful.
- India captain, Virat Kohli, says it was a clinical performance from the team. Applauds his team and his star with the bowl, Kuldeep Yadav, who he thought bowled exceptionally well. Adds that he still wants to experiment in the middle and give more confidence to the players coming in. Keeps the cards about the Test team selection a surprise and says that both the spinners have made a good case for themselves and we still have time to select the team. Ends by saying that the weather and the crowd have been amazing and we have enjoyed this a lot.
- Michael Atherton conducts the post-match presentation. He has the England captain, Eoin Morgan, first up with him who starts by crediting the Indian team and their bowlers, especially Kuldeep Yadav. Asserts that they need to get better for the next game and says that this pitch had some spin on it, which Kuldeep extracted really nicely and put them under pressure. Further adds that before the World Cup, they need to see their weaknesses and work on them. Ends by saying that these spinners have given them something to ponder upon and they will look forward to doing better against them in the next outing.
- England needed early wickets to get something out of this which they didn't. Even in the middle overs their spinners, unlike the ones in the Indian camp, failed to deliver. Probably goes to show the gap in quality between the two sides in this respect, as the track was a touch slower and doing something for the spinners. A couple of wickets fell, but not when they should have. The hosts were outclassed and outplayed, much like in the first innings, where they were choked by the Kuldeep-Chahal partnership which resulted in them not getting the desired total on the board. The chinaman's 6-fer derailed them and the game was half-won there itself. Presentation coming up in a short while...
- The Indians start the ODI series in the same way they finished the T20Is - a win in emphatic fashion. With a stiff target of 269 to chase, Rohit and Dhawan got India off to the best possible starts. Did not lose wickets early and that was the key which set up the whole case. Dhawan departed rather cheaply, but skipper Kohli carried on the mantle with Rohit and more or less took India home. He completed another fifty, while the opener cruised to a ton, and in the process the duo combined to add 167 runs between them. Rahul walked in later after his captain's departure and by then, it was just a mere formality really.
- 40.1 And there it is! The inevitable has happened as INDIA WIN BY 8 WICKETS! Rahul notches up the win with a swipe through the mid-wicket region. Single taken and that's enough. Handshakes all around, a good win for the visitors.
- 40.1 Wide! Down the leg side, KL leaves it alone. Scores are leveled now.
- Powerplay 3 signalled. A maximum of 5 fielders are allowed outside the ring till the end of the game. Or in this case, whenever it ends.
- 39.6 Played to point for a single. India only a boundary away now from a win. 267/2
- 39.5 The batsman has driven that ball straight back.
- 39.4 On the pads, tucked on the leg side. Single taken.
- 39.4 FIVE WIDES! Root darts it well down leg, Rohit leaves it alone. Buttler tries to collect it by moving to his left but the ball doesn't bounce at all and goes right through. Boundary results.
- 39.3 Waits for this to come to him. Plays it very late as he cuts it past short third man. Two more to the total.
- 39.2 Down the leg side, Rohit misses out as he sweeps this. Straight to short fine leg.