England Vs Australia Live Score (WARM-UP ODI)
Australia beat England by 12 runs
Australia 297/9 (50.0 ov) R/R 5.94
England 285/10 (49.3 ov) R/R 5.78
- Jofra Archer 1,
- Adil Rashid 1
|Adil Rashid||not out||7||8||0||0|
2 ( 0.2 ) R/R:6
Jofra Archer 1(1)
Adil Rashid 1(1)
Last Wicket 285/10 (49.3 over)
Jofra Archer 1 (1) S.R (100.00)
run out (Glenn Maxwell)
- So that is it from this game! Warm up games don't end here as we have two for you on the 26th of May. Pakistan are taking on Bangladesh in Cardiff. The other game sees West Indies take on South Africa in Bristol. Both the games begin at 1030 local (0930 GMT). Till then take care and goodbye!
- Australian skipper, Aaron Finch, says their fielding was sloppy but overall, how they batted and bowled really good. Credits the way Steven Smith played. States they had their plans with the ball and it came off. Reckons the wicket got slower and Lyon bowled brilliantly. Further adds overall it was a good day and he is pleased with how they played. Tells Jason Behrendorff was brilliant with the new ball, he can bring it back in to the right-handers and when it does not swing he can challenge the outside edge which is very good. Ends by saying they were losing wickets at regular intervals and that is something they have to work on.
- England skipper, Jos Buttler, says the bowlers were good, good to see Plunkett taking wickets. Mentions he is disappointed he did not win it but feels despite the injuries they are in good shape. States their waiting for results on Wood's injury. Credits the way Smith played on a tough track.
- James Vince who is up for an interview says he is disappointed to not get over the line. Reckons the wicket was two paced and it was not coming onto the bat nicely. Credits the way Buttler played and mentions he took all the pressure off. Appreciates the efforts from the bowlers, he feels the total should have been chased but they lacked partnerships. Ends by saying there are a few injury worries but he hopes they are fine.
- The Australian bowling was really nice! You know you have done a good job if you defend a target below 300 against this England batting line-up. Everybody had a wicket at least to their name but Lyon was the pick as he not only was economical but also took a wicket.
- After Smith's magnificent ton, Australia put up a competitive total on the board on a tricky wicket and England did not get off to the best possible starts. They lost Bairstow early and Roy too did not make an impact. Vince however, held one end up and stroked a well crafted fifty. However, it was Jos Buttler's innings which put England on top again. Once he fell though, the English batters never got going. Vince too departed and then Australia not only managed to choke the runs but also took wickets regularly due to which the task was too much for England.
- What an outstanding game! We mentioned, it is a clash between two favourites of the tournament and it lived up to that expectation. Yes, it was only a warm up game but don't think any team played it as such.
- 49.3 RUN OUT! That is the end of the game! AUSTRALIA WIN BY 12 RUNS! A short ball on middle, Archer mistimes his pull towards deep mid-wicket. They take one, go for the second. Maxwell runs in, picks the ball up and fires it to the keeper who whips the bails off. Archer is well short. Customary handshakes taking place.
- 49.2 Direct hit and it would have been all over! Short and on middle, Rashid looks to pull but gets an underedge towards the keeper. He goes for a run. Archer has to go for it. He gives up but luckily for him, Carey misses his shy at this end. 14 needed in 4. Need a biggie now do England.
- Jofra Archer is the last man in for England.
- 49.1 OUT! That has been crunched but straight to Maxwell! Plunkett, probably England's last hope, is walking back. He comes down the track and smashes this short ball but does not get the desired elevation. He holes out to deep mid-wicket where Maxwell takes it. 15 in 5.
- 48.6 They get a couple courtesy a misfield! 15 needed in the last over. Slower one again and it is outside off, Rashid slaps it towards Smith. He lets it through and concedes an extra run. 283/8
- 48.5 In the air... but safe and two taken! Full and it is the slower one again. It is lofted towards mid-wicket for a couple. 17 needed from 7. They need to go big on the next ball.
- 48.4 Just the two runs from the four balls! Excellent deceptive bowling from Kane. Slower one and the length is perfect outside off, Rashid swings but misses.
- 48.3 Now a dot! The game seems to be slipping away from England. Rashid looks to paddle but Richardson bowls it outside off, he then looks to guide it down to third man. Misses.