England Vs Afghanistan Live Score (ODI)
England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
England 397/6 (50.0 ov) R/R 7.94
Afghanistan 247/8 (50.0 ov) R/R 4.94
- Ikram Ali Khil 0,
- Dawlat Zadran 0
|Ikram Ali Khil (W)||not out||3||10||0||0|
|Dawlat Zadran||not out||0||0||0||0|
0 ( 0.2 ) R/R:0
Ikram Ali Khil 0(2)
Dawlat Zadran 0(0)
Last Wicket 247/8 (49.4 over)
Rashid Khan 8 (13) S.R (61.54)
c Jonny Bairstow b Jofra Archer
- So, that is it from this game! Another win for England and another loss for Afghanistan. The hosts move to the top of the table and Afghanistan stay bottom. We have two other teams playing on the 19th of June. It is New Zealand taking on South Africa at Edgbaston. It promises to be a cracker and the game begins at 1030 local (0930 GMT). Till then, take care and goodbye!
- England skipper, Eoin Morgan, says the next two or three games are very crucial and they don't want to drop their intensity. States the intensity was still there in the second innings, they did make a few mistakes by dropping a couple of catches and he hopes they don't do that again. Further adds Stokes is bowling really fast along with Wood and Archer and it is great to have such players in the side.
- Afghanistan skipper, Gulbadin Naib, says how England played was exceptional, especially after the 30th over. Credits Morgan for the way he played and says it was one of the best innings he has seen. Reckons the wicket was different from the last 4 games and hence, they played an extra spinner, Mujeeb, who did well. Further adds Rashid was not at his best and hence, England scored around 400. Mentions they did a lot of good things in the field but the dropped catch of Morgan did hurt them a lot. States they are improving day by day and they are still learning. Ends by saying the target was big one, they weren't thinking about the target and were looking to play their normal game.
- MAN OF THE MATCH, EOIN MORGAN, says it was a fantastic day for them, he had a wonderful day, the wicket was good and he enjoyed batting. He feels Afghanistan started really well but they fought back very strongly after that. States he never thought it was going to be his day, with a sour back, he never felt he could produce an inning like that. He feels good to compete with the youngsters in this side. Mentions it was a special day, Afghanistan is a strong side, it is a different challenge against their spinners and playing at the World Cup is also a completely different challenge and they are enjoying it. Informs he has changed his game a lot since he started playing, the shots he played before were effective when he started playing but now his hitting down the ground has improved a lot.
- The England bowling will maybe be a little disappointed as they could not bundle this Afghanistan batting line-up out cheaply. However, the positive for them was, Adil Rashid who was struggling for form had a good day as he finished with a three-fer. Wood was once again good with the ball. Archer was a touch expensive but also finished with a three-fer. However, the only thing England will be worried about in this game is their fielding which was once again below par. Stay tuned for the presentation.
- Chasing a huge target, you need to get off to a flier but that was not the case. They lost Noor Ali Zadran early. Their skipper, Naib, did play with intent but he too fell after getting off to a start. After his wicket, the Afghans probably decided to play out the 50 overs instead of going after the target and that was probably the right decision. Rahmat Shah, who was dropped early on, along with Shahidi played themselves in and added a 52-run stand before the former was dismissed. However, Shahidi continued batting and his partnership with Afghan was probably the best of the innings. The two decided to take on the bowlers and played with intent, they added a 94-run stand and in quick time. Afghan missed out on a well-deserved half ton though by only 6 runs. Shahidi ended up as the top scorer with 76. The lower-order did not contribute a lot but ensured they weren't bowled out.
- A comprehensive win for England! Don't think that was ever in doubt after their batsman smashing the Afghanistan bowlers to all parts of the ground and putting up a mammoth 397. Afghanistan though can take heart from the fact that this is their best batting performance in a World Cup game.
- 49.6 OUCH! This last ball sums up the horrible day Afghanistan have had today. Archer is a fiery customer and he ends the match with a vicious short ball, Ikram Ali Khil looks to get out of it's way but it strikes him on his helmet. That's it from this game. ENGLAND WIN BY 150 RUNS.
- 49.5 On the body, Ikram looks to flick but it rolls of his thigh pad towards short fine leg.
- Dawlat Zadran is the new batsman in.
- 49.4 OUT! In the air...and Bairstow takes it. He has not had the best of days in the field but he takes his second catch of the game. Rashid Khan's struggle in the middle comes to an end. Archer bangs it short around off, Rashid looks to smash it over point but gets a top edge. It goes high in the air towards backward point. Bairstow stationed there sits under it and takes an easy catch. He does a fist pump looking at the crowd.
- 49.3 On the pads, Ikram looks to flick but it goes off the thigh pads towards short fine leg. The batsmen take a run and it has been signaled as leg bye.
- 49.2 Full toss again on off, Ali Khil defends it out.
- 49.1 Full toss on off, Ali Khil keeps it out.
- 48.6 Play and a miss to finish the over. Back of a length ball over the stumps, Rashid looks to hit it on the off side but misses. 246/7