Delhi Capitals Vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Live Score (T20)
Delhi Capitals beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 16 runs
Delhi Capitals 187/5 (20.0 ov) R/R 9.35
Royal Challengers Bangalore 171/7 (20.0 ov) R/R 8.55
- Umesh Yadav 0,
- Marcus Stoinis 7
|Marcus Stoinis||not out||32||24||1||2|
|Umesh Yadav||not out||0||0||0||0|
7 ( 0.4 ) R/R:10.5
Umesh Yadav 0(0)
Marcus Stoinis 7(4)
Last Wicket 164/7 (19.2 over)
Washington Sundar 1 (2) S.R (50.00)
c Shreyas Iyer b Kagiso Rabada
- Shikhar Dhawan is given the Man of the Match award for his fluent knock. That's all from this game but don't go far away as the second match of the evening between Kolkata and Mumbai will begin shortly. See you there. Cheers!
- Earlier in the evening, Delhi opted to bat and started strongly on the back of valuable partnership between Shivam Dubey and Shreyas Iyer. Just like Bangalore, they also lost the plot in the middle phase, but then Axar Patel and Sherfane Rutherford hammered a 46-run stand off just 19 balls to push the total past the 180-run mark. Their partnership in a way proved to be the differential factor. Amit Mishra, Axar Patel and Kagiso Rabada were right on the money with the ball and played a vital role in defending the total. Delhi's fielding was a bit sloppy initially but then they pulled up their socks and caught a few brilliant catches. All in all, a great win for them and they will be immensely pleased with the outcome.
- Delhi are in the playoffs for the first time since 2012! Incredible win for them and they have pushed Bangalore on the brink of elimination. The touring team started their run chase in a brisk manner and were in a dominating position after the Powerplay. But Delhi bounced back after that to remove both the openers. AB de Villiers and Shivam Dubey got together for a partnership but once the former was dismissed, the home team pressed home the advantage. Gurkeerat and Stoinis tried their best but the required rate was too high and eventually they failed to overhaul the target. For those who are eager to know, Bangalore are not yet out of the tournament and still have a mathematical chance of making it through, of course depending on other results.
- 19.6 In the air... safe! The fielder seemed to have not gone for the catch there. A full toss on the stumps, Stoinis hits it towards long on. Tewatia, the sub, runs in but then takes a few steps back. Collects it on the bounce. Just a single. DELHI WIN BY 16 RUNS!
- 19.5 A dot now! Bends his back on this one and bowls it short. Stoinis looks to muscle it over the bowler's head but misses.
- 19.4 SIX! That has been nailed! Short and on the body, Stoinis picks it, waits for it and then sends it sailing into the mid-wicket stands.
- 19.3 Slightly shorter and on middle, Stoinis looks to pull but it goes off the inner half towards the keeper.
- Umesh Yadav is the new batsman in.
- 19.2 OUT! Sundar holes out! Rabada gets another. The slower one on the fuller side, WS looks to clear the long on fence. Gets more height than distance and Iyer there takes it.
- 19.1 Short and on off, Stoinis pulls it all along the ground towards mid-wicket for a run.
- 19.1 A false start! A slower one which comes out wrong and down the leg side. Stoinis looks to flick but misses.
- 18.6 Another single! Which means 26 needed from the last over. Slower one outside off, Stoinis mistimes it towards cover for a single. Excellent comeback over by Ishant. Just the 4 runs and a wicket from it. 162/6
- 18.5 Short and on the body, Sundar looks to pull but it hits the higher part of the bat and rolls towards mid-wicket for a single.
- Washington Sundar is the new batsman in.
- 18.4 OUT! That has stuck in the webbing. Delhi have taken some excellent catches today and this is probably the best of them. Ishant bowls this one full and outside off, Mann looks to go big but only manages an outside edge. The ball flies to the right of Pant who dives and sticks one hand out. The ball manages to stay in. The dangerous looking Mann is gone.