Chennai Super Kings Vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Live Score (T20)
Chennai Super Kings beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 6 wickets
Sunrisers Hyderabad 175/3 (20.0 ov) R/R 8.75
Chennai Super Kings 176/4 (19.5 ov) R/R 9.03
- Kedar Jadhav 1,
- Dwayne Bravo 0
|Kedar Jadhav||not out||11||10||0||1|
|Dwayne Bravo||not out||0||0||0||0|
1 ( 0.1 ) R/R:6
Kedar Jadhav 1(1)
Dwayne Bravo 0(0)
Last Wicket 175/4 (19.4 over)
Ambati Rayudu 21 (25) S.R (84.00)
c Vijay Shankar b Sandeep Sharma
- That's all from us for this one. The next game takes place between Bangalore and Punjab at the M.Chinnaswamy Stadium on Wednesday, at 2000 local (1430 GMT). Do join us for that one. Cheers!
- Man of the Match, Shane Watson, says he was well due for runs and thanks Stephen Fleming and MS Dhoni for backing him when he wasn't in good form. Feels that he always knew a big innings was going to come, was just a matter of keeping his head right and believing in himself. Credits Bhuvneshwar Kumar as he thinks he's a clever bowler who executes his plans well.
- Chennai skipper, MS Dhoni, says it's important to give an individual a few games to find some form and they did that with Shane Watson, which paid dividends tonight. Continues saying that when a player like Watson gets going, you know what you're getting. States that the fact that different individuals are performing in different games is quite pleasing to see and also credits his bowlers for doing well this season. Wittily says that if he mentions the secret out loud (about how Chennai qualify for the playoffs every time) then he will be bought in the auctions. Reckons that the support staff should get the real credit for the side's success as they do a lot of work behind the scenes. On his back injury, Dhoni says that he feels much better now, though he still has some mild stiffness.
- Harbhajan Singh is up next to chat and he says that it's nice to be out in the middle and tells that not just him, but his whole family was sick and he feels great to be back playing. Laughs and mentions that the boys were just testing their heart by taking it till the last over and feels the game should have been finished in the 19th over. States that he is pleased to see Shane Watson get runs tonight as he is one of the senior players and last year he guided them to the title. Adds that he is happy that they are at home for the next few games as they know the conditions well here and they don't have to travel.
- Hyderabad skipper, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, says that there was a little bit of dew but reckons that did not trouble them while bowling. On Rashid Khan's performance tonight, Bhuvi says anyone can have an off day and credits the way Shane Watson hit the ball and feels it is not easy to hit Rashid and he is not too concerned about it as it was just an off day for him. Bhuvneshwar feels that they have the players to do the job when there are other players missing but were not able to do so in this game. Says that there are away games now and they need to play well to qualify for the playoffs. Mentions that captaincy helps him understand his game better and learn more about the game.
- Almost nothing worked for the Hyderabad bowlers tonight. They were taken to the cleaners as Watson went absolutely berserk. There were some good performances, but when a bowler like Rashid Khan gives away 44 runs, you know it's not a good night. Sandeep Sharma too was very expensive as he finished with figures of 3.5-0-54-1. Bhuvneshwar, Khaleel and Shakib held their ends, but the leakage from the other two bowlers was far too much. Manish Pandey earlier shined on returned to the XI with a splendid unbeaten 83, along with David Warner scoring a fifty, but the fact that they couldn't finish well with the bat wasn't something that helped their cause. It's a night they'd like to forget and forget fast.
- The chase began with the hosts losing du Plessis early, but Watson and Raina went on the offensive and added 65 runs between them. The Australian continued on with Rayudu after Raina's dismissal and put on 80 with him, in quick time, which more or less finished things off. He missed out on a ton by just 4 runs, and it went real close in the last over, but Jadhav put the finishing touches and got his side over the line.
- A close finish in the end, closer than they would have liked, but Chennai go back to the top of the table with this win. The surface was a good one for batting, despite it aiding the spinners, but when Watson is in the kind of form he was tonight, none of that matters. It was quite similar to the 2018 Indian T20 League final - the big Aussie going big and sealing the title against these same opponents.
- 19.5 That's the game! CHENNAI WIN BY 6 WICKETS! The victory's come with a bit of luck, but they'll take it all the same. Jadhav smashes this full delivery right back at his partner. Bravo tries to get out of the way but it deflects off his foot towards the stumps at his end. It ricochets off them towards covers. The batsmen take off and complete the run before the fielder can throw it at the stumps at the bowler's end.
- Dwayne Bravo walks in now.
- 19.4 OUT! Some last-minute drama on the cards? Rayudu departs. Back of a length on middle and off, Ambati looks to pull but it goes off the top edge and lobs towards Shankar at mid off who takes a relatively simple catch. 1 run needed in 2 balls.
- 19.3 Full ball on off, Jadhav drives it to mid off for a quick single. THE SCORES ARE LEVEL NOW!
- 19.2 SIX! Pandey tried his best. Unfortunate it went in vain. Jadhav jumped out of his crease to this slower length ball and lofted it over mid-wicket. The fielder in the deep ran to his right, crossed the rope with the momentum, but parried the ball inside. The umpires went upstairs to check if the save was clean but replays showed that Pandey had his foot touched on the ground before releasing the ball.
- Is that a six? Has he saved it? Either way, what an effort from Manish Pandey. We're going to go upstairs now to see, but you have to applaud him.
- 19.1 Really full and angling in on middle and leg, it's turned towards short fine leg for a single.