Chennai Super Kings Vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Live Score (T20)
Chennai Super Kings beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 7 wickets
Royal Challengers Bangalore 70/10 (17.1 ov) R/R 4.09
Chennai Super Kings 71/3 (17.4 ov) R/R 4.08
|Kedar Jadhav||not out||13||19||1||0|
|Ravindra Jadeja||not out||6||15||0||0|
0 ( 0 ) R/R:0
Last Wicket 59/3 (14.2 over)
Ambati Rayudu 28 (42) S.R (66.67)
b Mohammed Siraj
- So that is it from this game. The opening night in Chennai did not exactly turn out what it was hyped up to be. Chennai strolled to a victory in a very low-scoring game. A strong start for the reigning champions but a sorry one for Bangalore. Virat Kohli and his men will have to go back and come stronger next time. The Indian T20 League will see a double-header on Sunday. The first game will be Kolkata hosting Hyderabad at the Eden Gardens. It will begin at 1600 local (1030 GMT). And the second one will take place between Mumbai and Delhi at the Wankhede Stadium at 2000 local (1430 GMT). Join us for all the action. Till then, take care and cheers. Goodbye!
- Harbhajan Singh is the Man of the Match. Laughs and says that it was a learning experience to transform from a commentator a few months back to a player come this tournament. He dedicates the award to his family. Mentions that there could not have been a better start to the league and also informs us that the coach told him he would be playing in this game due to the opposition having plenty of left-handers and bowling in the Powerplay. He looks forward to contribute further in the coming matches. Feels overjoyed on the fact that he could pick the wickets of both AB de Villiers as well as Virat Kohli. Signs off with a smile on his face and thanks Sanjay Manjrekar for his tips during their time spent in the comm box.
- MS Dhoni, the winning Chennai skipper, says he was not really sure about the wicket. Informs us that they did play a practice game on the same pitch but there was not so much turn back then. He felt that the wicket was completely different to what anyone would have imagined. He mentions that he would like the wicket to improve and be a little high-scoring. On the spot of Harbhajan Singh, he says that the team members are well-informed prior to the games and that the shuffle of certain spots may or may not change according to the sides they play. When asked about whether he is happy to play 7 games on this kind of a wicket, MS does not hold back and says that he would like their batsmen to make runs as well, also mentioning that the pitch needs to improve because going ahead, it could be a problem for them in the games where they might have to defend with dew playing a part.
- Ambati Rayudu is called for a chat. He says that the wicket was a tough one to bat on but states that it would have been hard had Bangalore added 40-50 runs more. Felt like he was batting on a Day 4 wicket. Mentions that they have to start afresh in the new season and not think about the previous year where they were champions.
- Virat Kohli, the Bangalore skipper, says no one wants to start like this but mentions that he is glad it is out of the way early on in the tournament. Is happy that the side took it till the 18th over in the bowling innings despite the low total and the poor effort by the batsmen. He informs us that no one expected this kind of wicket and they were deceived by the look on the surface. Expected it to be a 140-odd surface. Has some praise for Navdeep Saini who is a promising youngster. Reckons that the important factor in such a long league is the attitude of the players and the team which will help them going ahead.
- Just one of the those days for the visiting side. Nothing went its way, not even the coin toss. Bangalore had a scrappy start with the bat, losing wickets early and at regular intervals, with all but Parthiv Patel getting into double figures. When they came out to bowl, they needed a miracle. Yuzvendra Chahal bowled amazingly well, finishing with 1/6 in his 4 overs, but the tourists needed a lot more. They'd like to put this behind them quickly and move on to the next one.
- The win eventually came for Chennai, even if it took longer than expected. Might not be the best Indian T20 League opener in the competition's history, but the defending champs wouldn't be complaining. They got maximum points and start the new campaign with a victory. They first got the job done with the ball, with the spin trio of Harbhajan, Tahir and Jadeja steamrolling the Bangalore batting line-up, bowling them out for just 70. And then, the hosts cruised along across the finish line without any trouble. There was never any scoreboard pressure, all too easy for them.
- 17.4 And there it is... CHENNAI WIN BY 7 WICKETS! Rather comfortably in the end. Jadeja gets on top of this one and helps it through the vacant square leg area for a single.
- 17.3 Just behind a length, angling in from outside off, the left-hander goes for another pull but gets an inside edge onto his body.
- 17.2 Slower length delivery outside the line of off stump, Jadeja is early into the pull and misses the pull shot altogether.
- 17.2 Wide! The scores are level now. Dubey comes from around the wicket and angles it down the leg side, the umpire raises his arms and signals wide.
- 17.1 Length ball on off stump, Jadhav moves a step across and turns it square on the leg side for a single.
- Shivam Dubey on to bowl now.
- 16.6 A maiden! On a length on middle and leg, Jadeja pushes it towards mid-wicket for a dot ball. 68/3
- 16.5 The batsman has pushed it to the cover region.