Bangladesh Vs Zimbabwe Live Score (T20)
Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe by 39 runs
Bangladesh 175/7 (20.0 ov) R/R 8.75
Zimbabwe 136/10 (20.0 ov) R/R 6.8
- Ainsley Ndlovu 0,
- Chris Mpofu 0
|Chris Mpofu||not out||0||0||0||0|
|Shakib Al Hasan||4||0||28||1|
0 ( 0.2 ) R/R:0
Ainsley Ndlovu 0(2)
Chris Mpofu 0(0)
Last Wicket 136/10 (20 over)
Ainsley Ndlovu 2 (4) S.R (50.00)
b Mustafizur Rahman
- Right then! 4 matches done out of a scheduled 6 in the league stage and we already have our two finalists. That means we shall have two dead rubbers but hopefully, they shall be entertaining. The next game will be between Afghanistan and Zimbabwe on Friday, September 20, 2019 at 6.30 pm local (1230 GMT). Can Zimbabwe give Hamilton Masakadza a victory as a parting gift? We do hope so! ADIOS! TAKE CARE!
- Victorious Bangladesh captain, Shakib Al Hasan, says that his team started well with the bat but rues the fact that they could not finish well. Praises his bowlers for bowling brilliantly. Is happy with the fielding effort too, especially on a wet outfield. On the 5-bowler strategy, Shakib admits that it helps when you have 5 proper bowlers in your side and is happy with the way the debutant Aminul bowled. On the final Afghanistan match before the final, Shakib wants the victory as it could be a big booster before the big match, the final.
- MAHMUDULLAH HAS BEEN NAMED THE MAN OF THE MATCH. On his first-ball six, Mahmudullah says that probably he had made up his mind to go all-attack from the first ball but then credits the openers for laying a stepping stone. Praises his bowlers for defending the total well. On improvements for him, Mahmudullah is striving for consistency as he seeks to score more and more runs. On the upcoming match against Afghanistan and also a poor Head-to-head record, Mahmudullah says that the team needs to come out positively and play good cricket to get some momentum into the final.
- Zimbabwean skipper, Hamilton Masakadza, says that there was a bit of a disaster with the batting, as once you are half the side down before 10 overs, it is very difficult to recover. On the choice to bowl first, Hamilton says that the dew factor here tends o help chasing and hence the decision. On the remaining match, the captain says that they cannot reach the final bu the fact that they have never beaten Afghanistan is a big piece of motivation.
- In the run chase, there was no chase. 8/3 meant that the visitors were on the mat pretty early and barring a late burst from Mutumbami, there was nothing much in the batting. Mohammad Saifuddin kept things tight with the new ball while Shafiul, Mustafizur and Aminul took care of the wickets. Please stay tuned for the presentation...
- Ideally, Shakib would have wanted to chase on a track which has so much of dew. But his inspirational thought of doing the best in whatever you are doing seems to have inspired his entire team. The openers got off to a flier but then lost their way before a Mahmudullah run chase resurrected the total past 170.
- That is the end of Zimbabwe's chances of any progress in this tournament. 3 matches, 3 losses and that has pushed both Bangladesh and Afghanistan into the final. A victory for Zimbabwe here might have seen Bangladesh in a bit of jeopardy but the Tigers roared in this game.
- 19.6 OUT! BOWLED! You miss, I hit. A length ball, on middle, Ndlovu gets across a long way and looks to paddle but dear, he has gone way too far. Mustafizur bowls it on a length and in line of the stumps. The middle stump goes for a walk. BANGLADESH WIN BY 39 RUNS!
- 19.5 Outside off, a swing and a miss.
- Mpofu is the last man in.
- 19.4 OUT! Taken! A length ball, outside off, Jarvis pulls it high in the air but finds Sabbir Rahman at wide long on. He is a substitute fielder, wonder for whom. 50TH T20I WICKET FOR MUSTAFIZUR!
- 19.3 Outside off, a play and a miss.
- 19.2 A short ball, pulled through mid-wicket for a couple. Direct hit would have had the non-striker in trouble.
- 19.1 Outside off, steered towards third man for a single.
- Who will bowl the final over? Mustafizur Rahman it is. 3-0-35-0 so far.