Bangladesh Vs Zimbabwe Live Score (ODI)
Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe by 169 runs
Bangladesh 321/6 (50.0 ov) R/R 6.42
Zimbabwe 152/10 (39.1 ov) R/R 3.89
- Chris Mpofu 9,
- Tinotenda Mutombodzi 12
|Chris Mpofu||not out||9||8||0||0|
22 ( 3.1 ) R/R:6.94
Chris Mpofu 9(8)
Tinotenda Mutombodzi 12(11)
Last Wicket 152/10 (39.1 over)
Tinotenda Mutombodzi 24 (47) S.R (51.06)
c Mohammad Saifuddin b Mashrafe Mortaza
- So that is it from this game! The hosts, as expected have taken a 1-0 lead in this series. The second ODI now takes place on the 3rd of March and it starts at 1300 local (0700 GMT). Till then, take care and goodbye!
- Man of the Match, Liton Das, says he feels good. Sttaes the wicket was really good to bat on and he is enjoying his batting. Ends by saying Shanto and Rahim supported him well.
- Mashrafe Mortaza says the last three four games have not been great in this format but today they were really good. States Liton Das was exceptional and he hopes he can carry on his form. Further adds Mithun and Mahmudullah also did well. Reckons they were good in all three departments and they are working hard and he hopes they continue to improve.
- Chamu Chibhabha says the Bangladesh team played really well, Das was excellent and they managed to stitch partnerships on regular basis. States it is a nice venue for them and they are excited to play here and he hopes they can turn things around in the next game. Ends by saying Williams should be available for the next game but he can't say anything about Ervine.
- Not a lot you can write about the Zimbabwe batting and bowling! None of their batters could score something significant. They were under par in both the departments which in the end, lead to their defeat.
- A clinical performance from the hosts to record their biggest win in ODIs! To be honest it was set up by their batters, Liton Das, we should write. His score helped Bangladesh reach a massive total and their bowlers did their job brilliantly. Everybody except for Mahmuduallah had a wicket to their name. Rahman and Saifuddin were impressive at the front. Mortaza and Taijul did well after that. Hasan also chipped in with the wickets.
- 39.1 OUT! In the air... taken! Mortaza gets the last man! This is short and on middle. Mutombodzi looks to pull but gets a top edge which goes high in the air towards short fine leg where Saifuddin takes it. BANGLADESH WIN BY 169 RUNS!
- 38.6 A single now as this is eased down to long off. 152/9
- 38.5 FOUR! Lovely! It is full and around off, mutombodzi strokes it wide of covers and the ball races away to the fence.
- 38.4 A single now as this is worked through mid-wicket.
- 38.3 Angled into the batter. Mpofu swings but misses.
- 38.3 Fired down the leg side, Mpofu looks to paddle sweep it but misses.
- 38.2 The batsman has played it towards mid-wicket. One run added to the total.
- 38.1 Fires it on the pads, it is hit through square leg for one.
- 37.6 Outside off, Mutombodzi slashes but misses. 143/9