Bangladesh Vs West Indies Live Score (T20)
West Indies beat Bangladesh by 50 runs
West Indies 190/10 (19.2 ov) R/R 9.9
Bangladesh 140/10 (17.0 ov) R/R 8.24
- Mustafizur Rahman 7,
- Abu Hider 1
|Abu Hider||not out||22||17||3||1|
11 ( 1.5 ) R/R:6
Mustafizur Rahman 7(7)
Abu Hider 1(4)
Last Wicket 140/10 (17 over)
Mustafizur Rahman 7 (7) S.R (100.00)
b Carlos Brathwaite
- The Windies are given the trophy and now are seen posing with it. A long tour comes to an end. The hosts took the Test and the ODI series, whereas, the Windies take the T20I cup. We hope you enjoyed our coverage. That is it from us for this series, hope we see you again in the matches coming further. Till then take care and goodbye!
- Carlos Braithwaite, the winning captain says that he is very happy about their batting performance, not only today but over the last 3 games. Their talk before the game, was about how to not lose their way and have control over the whole innings. Coming to the bowling, he states that Keemo Paul did very well and congratulates him on a fine bowling performance. Also applauds the ones who did well in the first two games as well. Also adds that he is very proud to go apart on a winning note and feels that it is very important for a champion team like them to continue winning games and more series. Finally signs off by saying that they will hold their head high going back and also wishes everyone around a very Happy Christmas. He then heads on to collect the trophy and his team joins him, all smiles.
- Shakib Al Hasan is the player of the series, also the captain of the Bangladesh is up next. He feels that the toss did not matter much and that the par score was around 180-185, but feels that they went wrong in their method of chasing. Feels that the problem was about losing wickets in the middle while chasing a big total. Goes on to say that he is not disappointed too much as they have played good cricket over the series and there were many good knocks and good bowling performances over the series. So, he feels that there is nothing to worry about and they just need to have more complete performances.
- The player of the match which has been awarded to Evin Lewis. He feels that he is used to the ground as he has played for the Dhaka franchise in the Bangladesh T20 tournament for the last two years. He says that the pitch really played well and it was fun to spend sometime in the middle, get some runs and play a role in the win.
- Windies' batting innings was superbly set up by a brilliant 89 from the left-handed opener Evin Lewis. He carted the ball to all parts of the ground. When he was batting some target around the region of par 220 was looking possible but the hosts' bowlers came back strongly and restricted the visitors to below 200. Yet, the target was always going to be a stiff one to achieve and even though there was dew, the pressure of the chase would always be there. Cutting back to the second innings, the hosts came out all guns blazing and were 62-1 in the 5th over. Then though, came the controversy and that seemed to have sparked a massive energy within the Windies players. They played as a pack and completely burst the Bangladeshi bubble. In the end, a pretty comprehensive win and an amazing way to take the match and the series. Please stay tuned for the presentation to follow.
- The captain, Carlos Braithwaite leads his team off the park as they shake hands with the opposition. Excellent win for the Windies! They win the match and with it, the series 2-1. Well deserved and they have finally won a trophy on this tour. Today's match could be called a great show of spirit by them as they stuck together and have come hard at the Bangladeshis during the chase and derailed the hosts completely. Keemo Paul was the star with the ball as he picked up 5 wickets and from 62-1 the hosts have fallen to 140 all out. In fact at one time, they were down at 96-8, having lost 7 wickets for 36 runs.
- 16.6 OUT! TIMBER! That is it! The captain gets the last wicket and he is very pleased with it. Rahman moves away a little too much. Brathwaite bowls it full and on middle, Mustafizur fails to put bat on ball and it knocks the middle stump out. All smiles on the Windies face as they HAVE WON BY 50 RUNS!
- 16.5 Slower ball on middle, Abu is early into the pull, it goes off the toe end towards mid on for a run.
- 16.4 Full and down leg, the batsman swings but misses to get hit on the pads. The bowler appeals as the ball goes down to fine leg. The umpire is not interested and two leg byes have been added to the total.
- 16.3 Moves away, CB follows him. Rahman guides it down to third man for a run.
- 16.2 A bouncer now and Rahman ducks under it.
- 16.1 SIX! Rahman is not going down with a fight here. It is a full ball by Brathwaite on middle, Rahman moves his front leg out of the way and hits it over the long off fence.
- 15.6 BEATEN! Good length delivery on off, the batsman looks to cut but gets beaten on this one. 130/9
- 15.5 NOT OUT! WIDE! Length delivery on middle, Abu Hider looks to pull but misses it. The bowler appeals but the umpire shakes his head. Windies go for the review. Replays show there was nothing on the Ultra Edge. Windies lose their review.
- Review time! Thomas feels he has got the last wicket. The umpire feels the other way. The Windies have reviewed for a caught behind. Hider is the man in question.