Bangladesh Vs West Indies Live Score (T20)
West Indies beat Bangladesh by 8 wickets
Bangladesh 129/10 (19.0 ov) R/R 6.79
West Indies 130/2 (10.5 ov) R/R 12.38
- Nicholas Pooran 3,
- Keemo Paul 28
|Nicholas Pooran||not out||23||17||3||0|
|Keemo Paul||not out||28||14||1||3|
|Shakib Al Hasan||3.5||0||32||0|
32 ( 3.1 ) R/R:10.1
Nicholas Pooran 3(5)
Keemo Paul 28(14)
Last Wicket 98/2 (7.4 over)
Shai Hope 55 (23) S.R (239.13)
c Mustafizur Rahman b Mahmudullah
- A thumping performance from the Windies here. They now have a chance to seal the series in the 2nd T20I. Bangladesh on the other hand, will look to bounce back and level the series in the 2nd T20I on 20th December in Dhaka. That match will start at 1700 local time (11:00AM GMT) on 20th December at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka. Join us for that one till then have a good time.
- Windies skipper, Carlos Brathwaite, says it is a very good win but it is just the first game and there are still 2 more games to go. States the batting and bowling clicked today and everything they did today, went their way. Ends by saying they can't rest on their laurels and they have to once again bring their best game in the second T20I.
- Man of the Match, Sheldon Cottrell, says the bowlers need to be smart on such wickets and they executed their plans well today. Ends by saying he is a soldier and hence, he celebrates the way he does.
- Bangladesh skipper, Shakib Al Hasan, says everything went wrong today. Further adds they did not bat well and did not bowl well also. Mentions they did not perform well as a team and hence, lost the match. Ends by saying nothing worked out today other than the toss and were comprehensively beaten.
- Windies have completely dominated the first T20I. Their bowlers set it up for the batsman by restricting Bangladesh to 129. Sheldon Cottrell was the star as he finished with a 4-fer. In reply, Evin Lewis and Shai Hope came out all guns blazing especially Shai Hope. He scored the fastest T20I fifty by a Windies player. His innings completely took the game away from the home side. Windies wrapped up this chase in just 10.5 overs with 8 wickets in hand to take the lead in this 3 match T20I series.
- 10.5 LEG BYE! It was bowled quicker on his pads, Paul tries to flick and it hits him on the pads and the ball goes towards the fine leg region. The batsmen managed to take a single in the process. AND WINDIES WIN BY 8 WICKETS.
- 10.4 FOUR! Tosses it up on middle, Keemo dances down the track and whips it towards deep mid-wicket and the ball races away to the fence. Scores all level. Just 1 required for Windies to win the game.
- 10.3 SIX! Two in two for Paul. It was dragged short and Keemo rocks back and pulls it over deep-mid wicket for a huge six. Spinners have been taken apart from the Windies batsmen today.
- 10.2 SIX! Keemo looks in a hurry to finish the game of. Slower through the air on middle, the batsman charges down the track and hits it handsomely over long on for a maximum.
- 10.1 Flighted delivery on middle, Keemo pushes it to the point region.
- 9.6 The batsman has played it to the point region. One run added to the total. 113/2
- 9.5 SIX! WHACKED! Tosses it up on middle, Paul gets to the pitch of the ball and goes uppishly over long on for a huge six.
- 9.4 On middle, Paul late cuts it but straight to the short third man fielder.
- 9.3 A tad quicker on middle, Paul defends it with a straight bat.
- 9.2 Fuller delivery on middle, Pooran taps it towards point for a run.