Bangladesh Vs West Indies Live Score (ODI)
Bangladesh beat West Indies by 8 wickets
West Indies 198/9 (50.0 ov) R/R 3.96
Bangladesh 202/2 (38.3 ov) R/R 5.27
- Tamim Iqbal 10,
- Mushfiqur Rahim 16
|Tamim Iqbal||not out||81||104||9||0|
|Mushfiqur Rahim (W)||not out||16||14||2||1|
26 ( 3.1 ) R/R:8.21
Tamim Iqbal 10(5)
Mushfiqur Rahim 16(14)
Last Wicket 176/2 (35.2 over)
Soumya Sarkar 80 (81) S.R (98.77)
b Keemo Paul
- That's all from here then folks, 2-0 in the Tests and 2-1 in the ODIs. The Bangladeshis have been dominant in every game except for a flat performance in the 2nd ODI, that too can be credited to the brilliance of Shai Hope. West Indies now only have the T20Is to take something away from this tour. It begins here at Sylhet with the first T20I scheduled on the 17th of December, Monday at 1400 local (1100 GMT). Join us for the live coverage of that game, till then goodbye and take care.
- Bangladesh skipper, Mashrafe Mortaza, says it was a good match and Shai Hope played another fine knock, but his team delivered on the whole which is why the Tigers won. Credits the spinners and his pacers for doing well throughout the series. Applauds the effort from his players and reckons it's been a collective effort, which helped them win. Ends by saying that Windies are a good T20I side, so they will be wary of their threat.
- Man of the Series, Shai Hope, says he's pleased to have done well but feels disappointed as well as his side couldn't get over the line. Reckons that it's unfortunate they couldn't clinch the series, but hopes they can win the T20I series.
- Man of the Match, Mehidy Hasan, says he's really happy to have been able to contribute to the team's win. Credits Shimron Hetmyer's wicket to Mushfiqur Rahim as he was the one who suggested that Mehidy come back into the attack for him. Feels happy with his performance and wants to keep improving himself.
- Windies skipper, Rovman Powell, (On Oshane Thomas' absence) says they thought it would be better to have an extra spinner in the team given the conditions. Credits Shai Hope for the way he played but is disappointed nobody else could support him well enough. Adds that there are a lot of things to rectify, so will work hard on that. Mentions that this venue is beautiful and the facilities in general in Bangladesh are amazing.
- Bangladesh were not pushed and they strolled over the line as Mushfiqur came in the end to complete formalities. West Indies were not helped by the fact that their main bowler in Kemar Roach limped off in the 5th over of the chase. All in all, another series lost by Windies and they will be disappointed as they made a comeback in the 2nd match and in the 3rd, they were completely blown away. Shai Hope was the one shining light as he made 297 runs in the 3 games, remaining Not out with centuries in the last two. He too did not take the field in the 2nd innings with a knock to his head. Hopefully he will be fine for the T20Is.
- That's that and the crowd is going bonkers at Sylhet. A pretty easy end to what was billed to be a close decider. The chase of 199 is done and dusted in the 39th over itself. Bangladesh have shown that they are a formidable team at home once again. Coming to the chase, there was not once a moment wherein one felt that the hosts were in any kind of trouble. The Windies bowlers were taken to the cleaners first by Tamim and then by Sarkar during the course of the innings. Sarkar especially looked ominous as long he was there in the middle and made a brilliant 80 off 81 deliveries. Tamim on the other hand, remained unbeaten on 81 in the end and will be really confident as this was a much-needed performance after an injury layoff.
- 38.3 FOUR! Finishes it off in style. Length delivery outside off, Tamim opens the face off the bat and the fielder at short third man cannot save it. Iqbal stays unbeaten on 81. BANGLADESH WINS THE MATCH BY 8 WICKETS AND SEAL THE SERIES.
- 38.2 FOUR! Calm! Length delivery outside off, Tamim waits for it and guides it away to the vacant third man region for a single. Bangladesh are just one run away from another series win.
- 38.1 Length delivery, Tamim defends off his front foot and looks for a quick single. Rahim sends him back.
- 37.6 Length delivery on off, the batsman cuts it to point. 11 runs of the over. 194/2
- 37.5 SIX! Short outside off, Rahim cuts it over deep point for a biggie.
- 37.4 FOUR! What a shot. Short outside off, Rahim cuts it through point for a boundary.
- 37.3 Good length delivery on off, Rahim defends off the back foot.
- 37.2 Length delivery on off, Rahim drives it to covers.