Bangladesh Vs Australia Live Score (TEST)
Australia beat Bangladesh by 7 wickets
Bangladesh 305/10 (113.2 ov) R/R 2.69
Australia 377/10 (119.5 ov) R/R 3.15
Bangladesh 157/10 (71.2 ov) R/R 2.21
Australia 87/3 (15.3 ov) R/R 5.69
- Glenn Maxwell 25,
- Peter Handscomb 14
|Peter Handscomb||not out||16||14||2||0|
|Glenn Maxwell||not out||25||17||2||2|
|Shakib Al Hasan||6||1||35||1|
39 ( 4.5 ) R/R:8.06
Glenn Maxwell 25(17)
Peter Handscomb 14(12)
Last Wicket 48/3 (10.4 over)
Matt Renshaw 22 (40) S.R (55.00)
c Mushfiqur Rahim b Shakib Al Hasan
- So that's it from us for this game. Australia came back strongly to level the 2-match Test series. They will have their heads high as they head to India for a 5-match ODI series and a 3-match T20I series which begins on 17th September. Bangladesh on the other hand would have hoped to win the series but a draw against Australia is quite a positive result as they prepare for the tour of South Africa. We look forward to your company in the future. Until then, goodbye and take care!
- Nathan Lyon and David Warner have shared the Player of the Series award. As Lyon spoke earlier, David Warner now gets the chance to talk. He says he adopted the grafting approach from his former teammate, Chris Rogers. Informs that it took him around 15 Tests to figure out what works for him best. Says that he hadn't had much success in these conditions and there were some doubts in his mind. Ends by saying that it feels nice to play some good cricket and draw the series.
- Man of the Match, Nathan Lyon says that it was a really good wicket to bowl on for spinners. Applauds his bowling group for keeping it really tight. Reckons that they haven't been successful in the subcontinent so they already knew it was going to be a tough challenge for them.
- Steven Smith feels that his team played some great cricket in this match, they bowled really well in the first innings and Nathan Lyon was remarkable. Mentions that they could have taken a bigger lead but credits Bangladesh for restricting them. Feels that they need to rectify their batting woes. Adds that these are different conditions but believes that it will help them in future. Further adds that they have a stern test ahead in India and then Ashes. On David Warner, he says that he found good gaps. Hopes that youngsters like Handscomb will keep performing.
- Mushfiqur Rahim starts by crediting the Australians for coming back strongly in this Test. Mentions that they failed to make the most of the conditions in the first innings which made things difficult for them. Adds that it was a good wicket to bat on. Reckons that there is always room for improvement regardless what the result is. Credits Nathan Lyon for bowling right lines and lengths. Applauds Shakib Al Hasan for playing brilliantly in the first Test. Ends by saying that they will look to do good against South Africa in the upcoming tour.
- The hosts were way below par in their second innings too. Once again the top order collapsed and then there wasn't much fight shown. Chasing a paltry target, Australia did lose three wickets but were never in any kind of real danger. Peter Handscomb and Glenn Maxwell did the finishing job and the tourists achieved a comprehensive win.
- Bangladesh won a vital toss but failed to capitalize. They lost their top half in no time and it required the century partnership between Rahim and Sabbir to get them to a respectable total on the board. In reply, David Warner scored one of his finest hundreds in Test cricket and his partnerships with Steven Smith and Peter Handscomb provided Australia a handy first innings lead.
- Outstanding victory for Australia. They were under the pump after losing the first Test against a lower ranked team but bounced back superbly. Nathan Lyon was the chief architect of their win, claiming 13 wickets in the match as he completely ran amok. He set it up nicely for his team and then his teammates followed the good work with the bat.
- 15.3 SIX! Maxwell ends the Test in style! Nasir Hossain switches to around the wicket and bowls a flighted full ball around middle, Maxwell latches onto it and hoists it over mid-wicket for a maximum. Smiles return in the Australian camp. Handshakes all around in the middle. Australia win by 7 wickets and level the 2-match series 1-1!
- 15.2 FOUR! Savage cut shot! Short in length and outside off, Maxwell camps back and spanks it through cover-point for a cracking boundary.
- 15.1 Flighted full ball on off, driven off the front foot to mid off.
- Nasir Hossain to bowl.
- 14.6 Arm ball on middle, skidding back into the batsman, Maxwell gets back and helps it through mid-wicket for one. 9 more needed for a win! 77/3
- 14.5 Fetches a full ball from outside leg and reverse sweeps it through backward point for a couple of runs.
- 14.4 Short and around leg, Peter goes back and turns it through backward square leg for a single.