Bangladesh Vs Afghanistan Live Score (T20)
Bangladesh beat Afghanistan by 4 wickets
Afghanistan 138/7 (20.0 ov) R/R 6.9
Bangladesh 139/6 (19.0 ov) R/R 7.32
- Shakib Al Hasan 16,
- Mosaddek Hossain 19
|Shakib Al Hasan (C)||not out||70||45||8||1|
|Mosaddek Hossain||not out||19||12||1||0|
|Mujeeb Ur Rahman||4||0||19||1|
35 ( 3.1 ) R/R:11.05
Shakib Al Hasan 16(7)
Mosaddek Hossain 19(12)
Last Wicket 104/6 (15.5 over)
Afif Hossain 2 (4) S.R (50.00)
b Rashid Khan
- That is it from this game! The hosts now head into the final with winning momentum on their side whereas, the visitors, after losing their last two games. All that now needs to be put behind though as the game that matters now, the Final, is what both the teams will want to win. It takes place on the 24th of this month at 1800 local (1230 GMT). Till then, goodbye and take care.
- Bangladesh skipper, Shakib Al Hasan is Man of the Match for his unbeaten half century. Shakib starts by saying that it is a big win for his side. Adds that their performance in the last few months hasn't been up to the mark. Points that they felt that someone needed to stay till the end and adds he is happy he did the task for his side. On his form in the last couple of games, Shakib tells that he was middling the ball well so it was just about time he got a good score. The Bangladeshi captain praises his bowling and fielding performances and adds that they got players standing up whenever they were in trouble. On the two consecutive wins, Shakib says that this win will boost their confidence going into the finals. He presses though that they will have to be to on their toes to beat Afghanistan in the final.
- Rashid Khan is called up first for a little chat. On asked about his injury, Rashid says that it is a hamstring injury and is hopeful that he will be able to play the final. He adds that as soon as he felt he was 50 percent fit, he came in to bowl. Talking about the middle order collapse the skipper says that they shouldn't have lost so many wickets in the middle phase of their innings. Finishes by saying that they will try to work out these issues ahead of the finals.
- Earlier in the day, the Afghans once again got off to a flier after being inserted. Zazai was the star for them with the bat. However, their middle order failed to make an impact once again and they were restricted to a score which was slightly under par. They did give it their all to defend the total but the difference between the two sides was Shakib Al Hasan. Stay tuned for the presentation in a while.
- The Bangladesh bowling was brilliant to begin with as Naveen and Mujeeb took early wickets. But they dearly missed Rashid in the middle overs as he limped off clutching his hamstring. A lot was expected of Nabi at that moment but the veteran failed to deliver. Janat too did not have a day to remember despite him taking a wicket. Rashid did return, he did make an impact but it was his third over which went for 18 runs ended the hopes of Afghanistan coming on top in this game.
- The chase though did not start in the best of manners for the hosts. They lost their openers early and were struggling big time till the 5th over. However, two boundaries from Shakib in the 6th over broke the shackles. He along with Rahim then put up a vital stand which took Bangladesh on top. However, a mini-collapse in between where the hosts slipped from 70 for 2 to 104 for 6 saw the visitors fight back into the game. Shakib though was the key and Afghanistan missed an opportunity when Shakib edged but the visitors failed to pick it and it cost them a lot. He along with Mosaddek, who played a decent hand, took Bangladesh over the line.
- An excellent chase by Bangladesh in the end! The crowd is relishing the moment here. Shakib Al Hasan, their skipper, is the hero for them and they have managed to beat Afghanistan in a T20I game for the first time in 5 years.
- 18.6 GAME OVER! Full ball outside off, Mosaddek lifts it over mid on for a two. BANGLADESH WIN BY 4 WICKETS!
- 18.5 Doing it easily! Full toss on middle, Mosaddek whips it using his wrists for an easy couple.
- 18.4 On the pads, drilled through mid-wicket for a single. The skipper is in no mood to take any risk.
- 18.3 Bumper outside off, might have been called wide had Mosaddek not got bat to it. He backed away there and pushed it towards cover for a single. Just a hit away are the hosts from a win.
- 18.2 Fuller one around off, Mosaddek works it towards long on and scampers back for a couple. Superb running from Shakib.
- 18.1 Shortish one around off, Shakib guides it towards third man for a single.
- Naveen-ul-Haq to bowl his last over. He has been superb on his debut. Can he end it on a high.
- 17.6 Shortish one, tucked towards the leg side by Shakib to keep the strike. A massive massive over as 18 came off it. 130/6