Bangladesh Vs Afghanistan Live Score (T20)
Afghanistan beat Bangladesh by 25 runs
Afghanistan 164/6 (20.0 ov) R/R 8.2
Bangladesh 139/10 (19.5 ov) R/R 7.13
- Mustafizur Rahman 15,
- Taijul Islam 0
|Taijul Islam||not out||0||1||0||0|
|Mujeeb Ur Rahman||4||0||15||4|
15 ( 1.2 ) R/R:11.25
Mustafizur Rahman 15(7)
Taijul Islam 0(1)
Last Wicket 139/10 (19.5 over)
Mustafizur Rahman 15 (7) S.R (214.29)
c sub b Fareed Ahmad
- That's all we have from this match! We look forward to your company on Wednesday, 18th September, for the 4th match of the tri-series between Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. Do join us at 1830 local (1230 GMT) for all the action. Cheers!
- Afghanistan skipper, Rashid Khan starts by saying that they recovered quite well after a sorry start. Praises the senior batsmen, Afghan and Nabi for taking the responsibility. Lauds the bowling of Mujeeb and tells that he bowled well in the last match as well but in this one, he was more accurate and hard to hit. He is happy to win the fourth game in a row against Bangladesh. Wants his team to take this momentum forward. Thanks the crowd for all the support before signing off.
- MAN OF THE MATCH, MOHAMMAD NABI! He says that was a brilliant effort from his team. Adds that there was tension in the dressing room when they lost 4 early wickets. On asked about their decision of batting first, Nabi replies that the wicket looked good for batting and hence the decision. On his retirement from Tests, Nabi replies that he wants the youngsters to stand up in the red ball cricket as he wants to concentrate in the shorter formats. Smiles and cheekily complains that his skipper just gave him two overs but he is a happy man as the side has won the game.
- Bangladesh skipper, Shakib Al Hasan says that they were brilliant in the first 10 overs with the ball. Admits that Afghanistan scored too many runs in the next 10 which cost them. Feels that they didn't bat well. Reminds about the no ball on which Asghar Afghan was dismissed and mentions that it changed the momentum. Tells that they wanted to be positive today but the result didn't go their way. Wants his team to cut down on extras.
- Afghanistan bowled and fielding brilliantly. Mujeeb Ur Rahman was the star for them, picking four wickets and also getting his best bowling figures in T20Is. Rashid Khan and Gulbadin Naib also played their roles effectively and altogether it was a good team effort by them. Presentation coming up...
- This match started on a wrong note for Afghanistan. They lost their first wicket on the very first ball of the match and were reduced to 41/4 in the Powerplay. But the fabulous knock by Mohammad Nabi coupled with his 79-run stand with Asghar Afghan took their total to a challenging 164. In defense, they returned the favour to Bangladesh by dismissing their four wickets inside the first six overs and the hosts never really recovered after that. There was a partnership between Mahmudullah and Sabbir Rahman but that didn't take care of the asking rate much and eventually it was a task too big for the batsmen to follow.
- A commanding performance by Afghanistan! They have once again got the better of Bangladesh and are quickly becoming a thorn in their flesh. This is now the 12th consecutive T20I win for the Afghans, the longest winning streak for ant ream in Men's T20I cricket, surpassing their own streak of 11 matches that they achieved between years 2016 and 2017. Also, they have now won each of their last 21 T20I match in Asia. What dominance!
- 19.5 OUT! AFGHANISTAN WIN BY 25 RUNS! Fareed has the last laugh in this battle. Once again he provides width outside off, Rahman rocks back and whacks it through the line. It's aerial and travels like a rocket but straight into the hands of Shafiq (sub) at sweeper cover. All over, a brilliant win for the Afghans.
- 19.4 FOUR! Rahman is on fire! He is connecting his shots quite well. Maybe, needs a promotion in the batting order. A length delivery outside off, Mustafizur skips down the track and smacks it over extra cover. The fielder runs behind but the ball wins the race.
- 19.3 FOUR! Connects and connects well. Another short ball by Ahmad, Rahman gets on top of the bounce and pulls it in the gap between deep mid-wicket and deep square leg. Boundaries are coming too late for Bangladesh.
- 19.2 Slower short one this time, Rahman swings and misses.
- 19.1 SIX! Boom! Short in length and angling into the batsman, Rahman hangs on the back foot and pummels it over wide long on for a biggie.
- Fareed Ahmad to bowl the last over.
- 18.6 Sharp googly. Around off and turns away. Taijul pushes at it from the crease and misses. 4-0-23-2, fine outing for the skipper! 125/9
- 18.5 Shortish and on middle, pulled in front of square leg for a run.