Royal Challengers Bangalore Vs Chennai Super Kings Live Score (T20)
Royal Challengers Bangalore beat Chennai Super Kings by 1 run
Royal Challengers Bangalore 161/7 (20.0 ov) R/R 8.05
Chennai Super Kings 160/8 (20.0 ov) R/R 8
- Shardul Thakur 0,
- MS Dhoni 24
|MS Dhoni (C) (W)||not out||84||48||5||7|
24 ( 1.0 ) R/R:24
Shardul Thakur 0(0)
MS Dhoni 24(6)
Last Wicket 160/8 (20 over)
Shardul Thakur 0 (0) S.R (0.00)
run out (Parthiv Patel)
- Time to take a breather. For everyone. Bangalore win this close encounter and keeps themselves alive in the tournament. Chennai won't mind it much, but they know they have improvements to make, especially in the batting department. Moving on, Indian T20 League action continues as on Monday, Rajasthan host Delhi at 2000 local (1430 GMT). Do join in for that one. See you for that, folks!
- Man of the Match, Parthiv Patel, says he feels great about his performance. Mentions that he realized the wicket was a bit sticky, so decided to be a little cautious after playing some shots freely early on. States that he picked which bowlers he could go after and which he should be a little wary of. On the last-ball fiasco, he says that he knew the situation could happen any time, so he was ready for it since the start of the over. Ends by saying that the team is working hard and always trying to improve.
- Bangalore skipper, Virat Kohli, says he's feeling a varied range of emotions right now. States that the way they started with the ball was outstanding so is pleased with that. Adds that he never expected what happened on the last ball to happen and is relieved when he says that they finally got on the right side of a close encounter. Reckons that they were in control for the most part of the innings but MS Dhoni took it deep and did what he usually does. Stresses that while batting, Marcus Stoinis' wicket was the turning point as they fell a few runs shorter than they wanted. On Moeen Ali being sent down the order, the skipper feels that in hindsight it seems something else could have been done, but since the Englishman has been striking the ball well, they decided he could come in late and provide a late flurry. On Navdeep Saini and Yuzvendra Chahal, Kohli says both showed composure, especially the former as it's his first season, and he's doing well for the team which is quite pleasing to see. Informs that there are a lot of things said, but if you don't have a lot of confidence it doesn't matter. Continues saying that he's just told his team to play with confidence and take ownership of their decisions. Ends by praising Umesh Yadav for coming back well on the last ball after being hammered for the other five deliveries.
- Yuzvendra Chahal comes in for a little chat. He says that he wanted to bowl it on the stumps and not in the zone of the batsman. Credits the way Dhoni batted and they were hoping the Chennai captain misses the last ball. Mentions that he is enjoying his bowling, especially on this wicket. Ends by saying that he continuously looks to attack and take wickets.
- Chennai skipper, MS Dhoni, says it was a good bowling performance from his bowlers. Further adds that the batting is where they faltered. States that they needed to calculate the run chase better, early wickets made the task tougher. Tells that they need to assess their problems and take calculated risks. Informs that it was difficult playing back of a length deliveries and it was not going to be easy for a new batsman and hence, he did not run in the second last over. Ends by saying that they have done well so far since their team has a lot of experience, they were never complacent but it is their batting which is letting them down.
- Bangalore will breathe a huge sigh of relief that they somehow managed to win. What should have been a comfortable victory turning into an unfavourable nail-biter for them. the start was perfect, the middle overs weren't too shabby either, but 68 runs came in the final 5 overs, with 25 of them coming in the last one which was bowled by Umesh Yadav. Steyn, Chahal and Saini all bowled really well, picking wickets and keeping the run-flow quite tight as well. Another scare for the home side, but it will take the win all the same.
- With how the chase began, you'd never have thought it'd go so close. Post Rayudu's dismissal, the thought would have been the same. Bangalore started off in the best fashion with Steyn getting rid of Watson and Raina in the very first over of the innings. The visitors were four down by the end of the Powerplay. Dhoni and Rayudu regained some momentum, before the latter departed against the run of play. Jadeja and then Bravo's dismissals made it seem hope was all but lost, but Dhoni, who scored a superb fifty, kept the fight going and with 26 required off the final over, almost got his team across the line.
- Wow! Let us take a breather. The absolute scenes here. How many more of these close shaves can we take? I don't know about you guys, but that number isn't too big for me. Real heart-stopping stuff. Dhoni almost pulled off another one of his many miracles, but fell short right at the end. Perhaps those single he didn't take with Bravo came back to haunt him in the end? Possibly. But Dhoni is Dhoni, he has his own way of doing things.
- 19.6 OUT! THAKUR IS JUST SHORT! Even the dive doesn't save him. BANGALORE WIN BY 1 RUN! Umesh bowls the slower one outside off, Dhoni looks to poke it on the off side but misses and seeing this, without any doubt to anyone, both batsmen take off. Parthiv collects the ball and has a shy at his end. Scores a direct hit and it's taken upstairs. Replays roll in and show Thakur is gone for all money.
- Is that a run out? Are we in for a Super Over? Or is Thakur gone? All happening here at the Chinnaswamy. Over to the third umpire now...
- 19.5 SIX! Another maximum! MS Dhoni is taking his side home. He accepts this juicy full toss and swings his bat hard across the line. it's a flat hit and the ball clears the mid-wicket rope. Insane hit. Just 2 needed off the final ball. What will happen here?
- 19.4 Better. Goes for the attempted yorker, it's a low dipping full toss which Dhoni slogs to deep mid-wicket. Obviously, he runs hard and comes back for the second.
- 19.3 SIX! 10 off 3 now. Oh wow! MS Dhoni, you beauty! Full delivery and right in the slot, Dhoni gets underneath the ball and hammers it over long off. Ab de Villiers at the rope leaps and tries to catch it, but it's just over it.
- 19.2 SIX! That's huuuuuuggggeeeeee!!!!!! Are we in for another MS Dhoni special? Could it be? That's hit the roof. Shortish ball on middle, Dhoni absolutely nails the pull and sends it high and handsome over the mid-wicket boundary. Wow. 16 needed in 4 now.
- 19.1 FOUR! Slower short ball on middle and off, Dhoni picks it up early. Rolls his wrists as he controls the pull behind square leg and beats the fielder in the deep to the fence.