Australia Vs Sri Lanka Live Score (WARM-UP ODI)
Australia beat Sri Lanka by 5 wickets
Sri Lanka 239/8 (50.0 ov) R/R 4.78
Australia 241/5 (44.5 ov) R/R 5.42
- Alex Carey 13,
- Pat Cummins 9
|Alex Carey (W)||not out||18||26||2||0|
|Pat Cummins||not out||9||11||0||0|
23 ( 4.3 ) R/R:5.11
Alex Carey 13(16)
Pat Cummins 9(11)
Last Wicket 218/5 (40.2 over)
Usman Khawaja 89 (105) S.R (84.76)
st Kusal Perera b Jeffrey Vandersay
- So that is it from this game. We have two more warm-up games to go. India will be playing Bangladesh and New Zealand will be playing West Indies on 28th May, 2019. Both the games will begin at 1030 local (0930 GMT). Goodbye for now.
- Aaron Finch says they have been together as a group since the start of May and they feel ready to go. Mentions they are doing the basics right and they are improving after each game. States they are in a much better position than where they were a year ago, they have players fighting for their spot which probably gets the best out of them. States Smith was going to bat at 7 but since they got close, they gave opportunities to other players. Ends by saying they will be travelling the whole of tomorrow and then start preparing for the first game against Afghanistan.
- Dimuth Karunaratne says they have had some positive starts with the bat at the top but they keep losing wickets after that. Mentions they need partnership in the middle. States Malinga was rested as he has to play all the 9 World Cup games, Udana and Avishka too were given some rest. Reckons they did well in patches and they need to have a look at the issues they have. Ends by saying he is excited for the first game.
- Usman Khawaja says he is pleased to win another game but is slightly disappointed to miss out on a ton. Mentions his knee is a little sour but it will get better. States he and Smith are very good friends and there is no competitiveness between them, he always wishes Smith bats well. Ends by saying they won 8 in a row before, they have won all three of their warm up games here as well and they are confident.
- The Sri Lankan bowling was not that bad. The pacers hit the right lines and lengths to begin with. The spinners too did a decent job. They just did not have enough runs to play with.
- Another win for the Australians and they have done so quite easily this time. After a very good bowling performance from their side, they restricted Sri Lanka to a total which was always below par. In reply, they did lose Finch early but then Marsh and Khawaja steadied the ship. The latter then continued with Maxwell first and then Stoinis to take them closer to the victory. Usman though could not stay there till the end as he departed 11 short of a ton. Carey and Cummins though ensured there were no more wickets to fall and took Australia over the line.
- 44.5 FOUR! Those are the winning runs for Australia. Floated delivery on off, Carey lofts it over mid off for a boundary. AUSTRALIA WIN BY 5 WICKETS.
- 44.4 Short delivery on middle, Cummins pulls it through mid-wicket for a single. Australia need just 3 runs.
- 44.3 Flighted delivery on off, Pat defends it out.
- 44.2 Full on middle, Carey drives it through mid on for a single.
- 44.1 Floated delivery on off, Cummins punches it towards point for a single.
- 43.6 FOUR! Excellent shot. Short and outside off, Carey makes room and cuts it through point for a boundary. Australia need just 6 runs to win the match. 234/5
- 43.5 Floated delivery on off, Carey defends it out.
- 43.4 Short and outside off, Carey cuts it to point.
- 43.3 Tossed up on middle, Alex defends it off the back foot.