Australia Vs England Live Score (T20)
Australia beat England by 7 wickets
England 137/7 (20.0 ov) R/R 6.85
Australia 138/3 (14.3 ov) R/R 9.65
- Aaron Finch 20,
- D'Arcy Short 2
|D'Arcy Short||not out||36||33||3||1|
|Aaron Finch||not out||20||5||2||2|
22 ( 1.2 ) R/R:16.5
Aaron Finch 20(5)
D'Arcy Short 2(3)
Last Wicket 116/3 (13.1 over)
Glenn Maxwell 39 (26) S.R (150.00)
c Jos Buttler b Chris Jordan
- So that is it from this game. Australia for a surprise have dominated all three T20I games played here in Australia. They have barged into the finals. England on the other hand, need to win their next game if they have are to make it through. They will be playing New Zealand next in Wellington on the 13th of February at 7.00 PM local (6.00 AM GMT). Till then, take care and goodbye.
- Winning skipper, David Warner, says the players are in tremendous form and are playing fearless cricket. Credits the bowlers for their performance. Further adds that all the bowlers have stuck to the plans and delivered. Appreciates D'Arcy Short for the way he has played. Ends by saying he is looking forward to the games in New Zealand.
- Man of the Match, Kane Richardson, says he is surprised to be chosen for this award. Praises Marcus Stoinis and Ashton Agar for the way they bowled. States that they are enjoying their cricket and mentions that there is a lot of clarity in the team.
- Losing captain, Jos Buttler, says he is disappointed with the performance. Admits nobody could kick on with the bat and they were outplayed by the Australians. Reckons that they have performed way below their ability. Ends by saying they are looking forward to their games in New Zealand.
- Not a lot to say about the English bowling tonight. David Willey started off really well but received no support from the rest. Jordon did pick up two wickets but they weren't timely ones. They needed wickets in heaps and they also had to keep the runs down but failed in doing both. Join us for the presentation in a while.
- To be honest, the match was set up by the bowlers of Australia and their batsmen did the finishing job. Chasing a target of 138, a total which many tipped to be below-par, the home side did get off to the worst of starts by losing Warner early. However, after that Lynn and Short combined to make full use of the Powerplay before the former departed towards the end of it. The English spinners did come on and bowled a few tight overs but once Glenn Maxwell and D'Arcy Short took them on, it all went awry for the touring team. Aaron Finch towards the end scored an unbeaten 5-ball 20 to score the remaining runs with utmost ease.
- 3 out of 3 for Australia and they march into the finals of the Tri-Series! Once again it has been a commendable performance from the Men in Yellow. They have made a mockery of the target set in front of them.
- 14.3 SIX! Yes he can! What a win here for Australia and they have finished it in style. Short and outside off, Finch upper cuts it over point and it has gone all the way. AUSTRALIA WIN BY 7 WICKETS AND 33 BALLS TO SPARE!
- 14.2 SIX! That is a monster hit! He has picked the bones out of this one. WOW! What a hit, a full ball on middle, Finch lines it up and with a straight bat lofts it over the bowler's head for a hugeee one. 6 more needed. Can he finish it in one hit?
- 14.1 Down the leg side, Short flicks it to short fine leg for a quick run.
- David Willey is back into the attack.
- 13.6 FOUR! Finch is not wasting time here! He gets a full ball on middle, tries to go big but it goes off the inner half through wide mid on. 13 more needed now. 125/3
- 13.5 FOUR! Short at the body, Finch tries to pull but it goes off the gloves down towards fine leg. The fielder there runs to his right, dives but all in vain. Australia inching closer here.
- 13.4 Down the leg side, Finch tries to flick but it goes off the pads on the leg side for a leg bye.
- 13.3 A short delivery which has been pulled away. The batsmen have run through for a single.