Afghanistan Vs West Indies Live Score (TEST)
West Indies beat Afghanistan by 9 wickets
Afghanistan 187/10 (68.3 ov) R/R 2.74
West Indies 277/10 (83.3 ov) R/R 3.33
Afghanistan 120/10 (43.1 ov) R/R 2.78
West Indies 33/1 (6.2 ov) R/R 5.32
- Shai Hope 6,
- John Campbell 5
|John Campbell||not out||19||16||4||0|
|Shai Hope||not out||6||6||1||0|
11 ( 1.3 ) R/R:7.33
Shai Hope 6(6)
John Campbell 5(3)
Last Wicket 22/1 (4.5 over)
Kraigg Brathwaite 8 (16) S.R (50.00)
c Afsar Zazai b Amir Hamza
- That's all we have from this Test match. It got over in the blink of an eye. We look forward to your company in future and in the meantime, you can hop over to the concerned tab to catch all the updates from the D/N Adelaide Test between Australia and Pakistan. Cheers!
- West Indian skipper, Jason Holder terms it as an important win for them. Reminds about the India series which was really tough for them and they wanted to end the year on a high. Praises his boys for sticking together as a unit and is really happy with the way new guys have grabbed the opportunity. Lauds Brooks for his knock and calls Cornwall's bowling performance as amazing. Shares that it was his gut feeling to bowl first. Tells that Phil Simmons (coach) has been a pivotal member. Credits the management staff for helping the team in every possible manner. Further adds that he is optimistic about the future of the team and is looking forward to growing with the team. Concludes by saying that when they spend time together and are comfortable with each other, the job becomes a lot easier.
- Rahkeem Cornwall is the unanimous choice for the Man of the Match award! He is very happy after picking a 10-wicket haul in just his second test match. Thanks the Almighty and shares that playing for West Indies is a dream for every kid growing up to play for their nation. Tells that the pitches back home are also similar and the series against India helped him a great deal. Thanks everyone for the support and wants to contribute with the bat as well in the coming matches. On being asked about his family's reaction, he replies that there is a celebratory environment back home.
- Afghanistan skipper, Rashid Khan admits that they have been struggling in the longer formats, especially with the bat. Feels if they improve in that area, they have the potential to trouble good teams. Hopes to recover from their mistakes. Adds that the team needs more exposure in ODIs and Tests as that will stand them in good stead. Feels that playing more and more longer formats will help them the most. Praises Amir Hamza on his debut and commends the job that he did for them but also states that they missed the services of Mohammad Nabi in this match. Feels that they are not taking the innings deep with the bat and that is what they need to improve upon. Tells that overall it was quite disappointing for them and they will try to improve. States that their main focus from hereon will be on the Asia Cup and ICC Men's T20 World Cup.
- Given Cornwall's success, we thought the class of Rashid Khan would return the favour but that didn't happen. The Afghan spinners did succeed in picking wickets but on the back of a fabulous century by Shamarh Brooks, West Indies gained a 90-run lead which on this deck was a handful. In the second attempt with the bat, Afghanistan showed early improvement with their openers putting on a 53-run stand but their innings fell completely flat on its face after that. Eventually, they got bowled out for just 120 and Jason Holder, Roston Chase and Rahkeem Cornwall hunted down 3 wickets apiece. Rahkeem finished with a 10-wicket haul and he along with Brooks played a big hand in West Indies' comprehensive victory.
- Afghanistan trounced! Rahkeem proved to be a big 'corn' in their 'wall' as the giant bowler outclassed them in their own game, i.e. spin. It was a really tough Test match for the newbies in Test cricket. One thought that Jason Holder missed the trick by electing to bowl first on a turning deck but Cornwall soon proved his skipper's call to be the right one. He snapped a 7-fer in the first innings and played a giant role in bundling out Afghanistan for just 187.
- Early morning walk in the park for West Indies in Lucknow! A thumping victory for them as they chased down the target of 31 runs without breaking a sweat. Afghanistan thoroughly thrashed!
- 6.2 FOUR! That will be that. WEST INDIES WIN BY 9 WICKETS! A comprehensive victory for them. They were always in ascendancy throughout the Test. Coming back to the ball, it was a tossed up delivery outside off, Campbell lofts it over the mid off fielder and the ball crosses the fence for a boundary.
- 6.1 Full and on off, defended back to the bowler.
- 5.6 Hope goes back in his crease and defends this one towards the man at mid on. 29/1
- 5.5 The batsman has defended it by getting right behind the line of the delivery.
- 5.4 On the pads, flicked towards the mid-wicket region for a couple. 2 more runs needed to win.
- 5.3 FOUR! Off the mark is Hope and 4 more runs needed to win! Floated on the off pole line, Hope makes room and drives this one beautifully through the cover region for a boundary.
- 5.2 Tossed up on off, Hope goes back and defends it.
- 5.1 Floated on middle and off, driven down to long on for a single.