Afghanistan Vs West Indies Live Score (T20)
Afghanistan beat West Indies by 29 runs
Afghanistan 156/8 (20.0 ov) R/R 7.8
West Indies 127/7 (20.0 ov) R/R 6.35
- Keemo Paul 1,
- Khary Pierre 1
|Keemo Paul||not out||4||7||0||0|
|Khary Pierre||not out||1||2||0||0|
|Mujeeb Ur Rahman||3||0||9||1|
3 ( 0.4 ) R/R:4.5
Keemo Paul 1(2)
Khary Pierre 1(2)
Last Wicket 124/7 (19.2 over)
Jason Holder 6 (5) S.R (120.00)
c Mohammad Nabi b Naveen-ul-Haq
- That is it from the T20I series. After a humiliating loss in the ODIs, Afghanistan have come from behind to win the T20I series. With the tour level at 1-1, we are not done with the tour. The action now moves to the longest format of the game for the tour decider. The one-off Test will be played on 27th November, Wednesday. The game will begin at 0930 local (0400 GMT). Join us for that one. Till then cheers!
- Afghanistan skipper, Rashid Khan, says he is pleased with the series win especially after losing the ODI series. States their strength is bowling and that is what they rely on but they need to bat well too and anything above 150, they back themselves to defend it. Mentions they need to be smart, cool and calm most of the time and they had a good mindset heading into the T20Is after losing the 50-over format. Admits help from the seniors in captaincy is very good as sometimes he runs out of ideas and their advice is very helpful.
- Man of the Series, Karim Janat, thanks the crowd for their support throughout. Ends by saying the team supported him really well and he gave it all with both bat and ball.
- Man of the Match, Rahmanullah Gurbaz, says he wanted to bat longer and the coaches gave him the confidence and play his natural game and bat as deep as possible and take his side to a good total.
- West Indies skipper, Kieron Pollard, says they found themselves in a hole again and it was difficult to catch up after that. States they have learnt a lot in this series and going forward they need to adapt to the situation quickly. Mentions they have a long term plan but they need to deal with what is in front of them at the moment. Also tells unfortunately they did not get over the line but they need to learn quickly. Ends by saying they need to focus on their strengths and they are looking forward to the Test series, the ones playing the Test are already here and practicing and are up for the longest format.
- Overall a very complete performance from the Afghans to seal the series. First, they put up a total which was above par on this surface courtesy Gurbaz. Later on, their bowlers did not let their batter's effort go in vain as they defended the total quite easily.
- For Afghanistan, everybody who bowled more than one over had a wicket to his name. Naveen though was the pick as he finished with a three-fer. Mujeeb like always, was extremely economical. Rashid Khan took the onus of bowling the tough overs on himself and did an excellent job. Karim Janat was a little expensive but he could still give himself a pat on the back.
- Once again Afghanistan have managed to defend their target and they have done it convincingly this time too! Anything above 150 was going to be a very tough task on a wicket which was very slow and the Afghan bowlers made complete use of it. Their spinners bowled at the right pace and the pacers varied theirs correctly. They had Windies in trouble in the Powerplay itself by getting rid of King and Simmons. Hope and Lewis then tried to build a partnership but just as the latter looked to get going, he was dismissed. Hetmyer and Pollard once again failed to make an impact. Hope, with a half ton, was the lone fighter but the task was too much of an ask for him.
- 19.6 Slower one to end the game. Outside off, Pierre throws his bat at it but misses. Naveen is up in joy and so are the rest of the Afghanistan players. AFGHANISTAN WIN BY 29 RUNS AND THE SERIES 2-1! Remember, they are yet to lose a T20I series since 2018...
- 19.6 WIDE! We will have one more ball in this game. Naveen misses his line and sprays it down the leg side. Wided by the umpire.
- 19.5 Another slower ball. This is on a length, Keemo manages to wait and then pulls it to deep mid-wicket for a single.
- 19.4 Brilliant ball. Slower one outside off, Keemo swings his bat at it but the ball just won't arrive. He is more than halfway done with the shot and then the ball goes behind on a couple of bounces to the keeper.
- 19.3 Full toss on off, Pierre manages to just hit it to deep mid-wicket for one.
- Khary Pierre is the next batsman in.
- 19.2 OUT! Caught! Another wicket for Naveen-ul-Haq. Good length ball outside off, Holder looks to clear the long on fence. He does not time it well and it goes to Mohammad Nabi there who stretches and takes a good catch. This has been a very good bowling display from young Naveen. His 3rd of the game.