Kick 2: Jacqueline Fernandez to be part of the sequel of Salman Khan-starrer, confirms Sajid Nadiadwala

FP Staff

February 21, 2018 12:30:45 IST

Producer-director Sajid Nadiadwala has confirmed that Jacqueline Fernandez will continue to remain a part of the Kick franchise which stars Salman Khan in the lead. Amidst speculation that Fernandez was not going to be a part of the eagerly awaited sequel, Nadiadwala has rubbished the claims and confirmed that the script for Kick 2 is being written keeping Fernandez in mind.

Jacqueline Fernandez and Salman Khan. Image from Twitter/@AbdulsameerD

Jacqueline Fernandez and Salman Khan. Image from Twitter/@AbdulsameerD

“We had already decided that there would be a sequel. I’ve been writing it for a year now. As I had a lot of other things on my plate, it was taking time. I’ll restart the writing process. We should be ready to roll the movie next year, after Salman finishes all his current films. Kick 2 will release on Christmas 2019," said Nadiadwala, according to a DNA report.

Further elaborating on how the rumours of Fernandez being dropped from the sequel started doing the rounds in the first place, Nadiadwala explained how Khan was at an event where he was giving Nadiadwala the Best Director award. Whilst handing over the title, the Dabangg star joked and said "Kick 2 is ready now, and Jacqueline, you are not there!".

This comment that was made in jest was circulated in a manner wherein media houses started reporting that Fernandez was going to be replaced in the sequel. Nadiadwala further added that once he finishes penning down the script of the film, that's when he'll "be completely sure" however at present, Fernandez is there in what he's writing, however it's too early to talk about any of these developments, according to Nadiadwala.

Updated Date: Feb 21, 2018 12:30 PM