Kangana Ranaut records statement; Hrithik's lawyer welcomes the move
Kangana Ranaut’s lawyer has said his client will not succumb to pressure despite some “common people” trying to scare the actress away in her legal battle with Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan.
Kangana, 29, gave her statement to police on Sunday in connection with an FIR filed by Hrithik that an online imposter had been sending e-mails under his guise to his fans and the actress.
“My client Kangana Ranaut shall never succumb to any pressure. Some common people who had intervened had a fixed agenda of only scaring my client and hiding the truth, which could not happen,” Kangana’s lawyer Rizwan Siddiquee said in a statement.
“The world including people from the film industry need to learn that in today’s changing time no woman is scared of anything if she is fiercely determined, and has the truth by her side,” he added.
“My client knows and is fully convinced that there is no imposter as had there really been one, then Hrithik himself would have immediately acted on my client’s sister complaint which he received on his correct email id on the 25th of May 2014.
“His own acts of commissions and omissions after receipt of the said emails from my client’s sister, coupled with his blatant lies from time to time, speak volumes of his conduct.” The lawyer accused the Bang Bang! star of slut shaming Kangana to strengthen his case.
“To have an edge over my client he has tried everything within his means including slut-shaming, changing his public relations team, obtaining private cyber report which was paid for by him and also by changing his lawyer. However nothing is going to help as Hrithik Roshan cannot change the facts of the matter.”
Meanwhile, Hrithik’s lawyers said they are happy the 29-year-old actress has finally recorded the statement with the police, something they believe she should have done earlier. “We welcome the move. It has taken so long for them to take this basic first step. Recording of statement is the first step in any investigative process. A lot of delay and drama has happened before this first step,” they said.
“It’s not for them to say if police are happy with them or not, let that come from the investigative agencies. Let’s not try and confuse the matter further with various statements. Let the investigation speak for itself.”
The two actors have been at loggerheads since the Queen star called Hrithik her ‘silly ex’. Their feud turned nasty after they slapped legal notices on each other. Hrithik, who was the first to send the legal notice, has demanded that she apologise in a press conference and clear the air about their alleged affair which he firmly refutes.
Kangana said she was not a “dim-witted” teenager and refused to apologise. She instead shot off a counter-notice to Hrithik demanding that he take back his notice or face a criminal case.
Updated Date: May 03, 2016 10:12 AM