Why Hrithik Roshan wants clean-chit, no police investigation: Kangana's lawyers seek answers
In the past few days there has been a flurry of activity in the Hrithik Roshan - Kangana Ranaut scandal. The revelation of the series of emails revealed between Hrithik Roshan, his alleged imposter, Kangana Ranaut and her sister Rangoli further complicate the ongoing legal tussle between the two Bollywood stars.
In the past few days there has been a flurry of activity in the Hrithik Roshan - Kangana Ranaut scandal. The revelation of the series of emails revealed between Hrithik Roshan, his alleged imposter, Kangana Ranaut and her sister Rangoli further complicate the ongoing legal tussle between the two Bollywood stars. However, the actress continues to maintain that her account had been hacked, and any evidence from these key emails in the case remains speculative, and hence, inadmissible.
Kangana’s lawyer, Rizwan Siddiquii reiterated that the emails allegedly sent by her to Hrithik after May 2014 should not be treated as genuine unless verified by her. Rizwan said, “Firstly a perusal of these emails sufficiently prove that Mr. Hrithik Roshan knew fully well that my client Ms. Kangana Ranaut's emails were hacked prior to 25th of May 2014 and therefore logically and reasonably, no mails received from her email id at least after 25 May 2014 should be treated as authentic and genuine, unless verified by my client personally.”
Kangana's legal counsel asked Hrithik, why he never filed a police case against the alleged email impostor despite Rangoli’s insistence in her mail to him on 25 May 2014 to file a joint complaint. "The question is why is Hrithik not even interested in finding out what mails and stuff the 'impostor' sent Kangana?" said Rizwan.
He further added, “It is further important to note that in the email Hrithik Roshan has been accused of hacking my client Kangana's email account and has also been accused of having a relationship with her. Besides it was also communicated to him that he has sent a lot of stuff to my client in the last six months. As Hrithik claimed ignorance to the whole matter therefore alternatively my client through her sister communicated the seriousness of the matter and asked him to file a joint complaint and also threatened him that his name would be at stake if the matter does not get closed.”
It appears from certain reports that Hrithik came out clean as the forensic report proved that neither Hrithik called, messaged or even emailed Kangana in the last few years confirming that Kangana was actually dealing with an impostor. To this, Kangana’s lawyer cried foul saying, "Hrithik is circulating a private cyber forensic report to the world which has been paid for by him and is obviously favoring him, despite full knowledge that this report is absolutely useless and is legally unacceptable."
In his official statement, Siddiquii sought answers to the following questions:
1) When his name, image and reputation were at stake, when he was accused of hacking my clients emails, being in a relationship with her and charged of sending her a lot of stuff in the last 6 months, then how can there be an imposter? When this was the situation on 24 May 2014, then why did he not bother finding out exactly what stuff was sent by the imposter to my client?
2) Also why did he not bother clearing his name by immediately filing a complaint against the imposter, as my client was always more than willing to participate in the complaint?
3) Why did Hrithik file a complaint belatedly without the knowledge of my client after almost 7 months, after he had collected sufficient one-sided unreliable and fabricated emails from my client’s hacked emails account/s?
4) Why did he lie to the police and to the media that he gained knowledge of an imposter from his fans and from people within the industry, when he was legally required to bring out the truth, and was dutifully required to name my client in the complaint as was suggested by her through her sister?
5) Why did he not authenticate these emails (as now referred to and relied upon) with my client when he knew fully well that her accounts were hacked and therefore all emails received from her are legally, morally and ethically subject to verification ? On what grounds has he circulated such unreliable and fabricated emails to the media and Police to defend himself?
6) On what grounds does he claim that any fabricated email received by my client’s hacked account which talks about any mental or physical problem, is genuine and on these basis what is he trying to prove to the world?
7) Why did he lie in his notice that he does not know my client socially at all ?
8) Why did he file a proper FIR against an imposter only after my clients emails were hacked and all material were deleted from her accounts and when he knew fully well that these accounts of my client had been closed by her as the same had become absolutely dangerous to operate? Why was this complaint in the form of a FIR not legally made at the right time by Hrithik Roshan under Section 154 of CRPC when it was actually and legally required?
9) Why does he not want my client to obtain a copy of the FIR which was filed belatedly by him? Also why is he pressurizing my client to record her statement with the police without asking any questions and without exercising her rights?
10) Why is he desperately wanting a clean chit in the matter and does not want the police to file an investigation report and why can’t he wait for it?
11) Why is he circulating a private cyber forensic report to the world which has been paid for by him and is obviously favoring him, despite full knowledge that this report is absolutely useless and is legally unacceptable?
When contacted, Hrithik’s lawyer Dipesh Mehta (through the actor's PR representative) claimed that Kangana had withheld the truth from her legal counsel and stated, "It is quite obvious that his client has withheld the truth from him, and he has not been privy to the evidences until now. Come 30 April , the investigating agency, entrusted with investigating Hrithik's complaint shall know the truth. Once Kangana submits her electronic devices for forensic examination and gets her statement recorded in accordance with the law."
Thalaivi exaggerates events for dramatic effect so much so that if we made two-three more biopics like this, we would end up giving Jayalalithaa sainthood.
Anil Kapoor, Varun Dhawan, Dia Mirza, Bipasha Basu, and Taapsee Pannu were among the others who marked the festive occasion
The Bombay HC quashed the two FIRs after Sahil Khan's lawyer and Ayesha Shroff told the court that they had settled the dispute between them amicably