'Glee' star Cory Monteith died of heroin, alcohol overdose

Actor Cory Monteith died due to an overdose of a mix of heroin and alcohol, reports dailymail.co.uk. Monteith's autopsy report was revealed on Tuesday.

hidden July 17, 2013 11:46:18 IST
'Glee' star Cory Monteith died of heroin, alcohol overdose

London: Actor Cory Monteith died due to an overdose of a mix of heroin and alcohol, reports dailymail.co.uk. Monteith's autopsy report was revealed on Tuesday.

Monteith used to play the role of school heart throb Finn Hudson and was one of the lead characters in the soap.

The actor, best known for his role in musical comedy "Glee", was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room July 13. He was 31.

Glee star Cory Monteith died of heroin alcohol overdose

Cory Monteith. Reuters.

The British Columbia Coroners Service officials are still investigating the case further and have only revealed the reason as mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol.

The police officials say there was sign of drug overdose in his hotel room.

"There was evidence in the room that was consistent of a drug overdose. It was the opinion of the investigators that it was a drug overdose, but we didn't want to speculate," police constable Brian Montague said.

IANS

Updated Date:

also read

Bhumi Pednekar tests negative for coronavirus, says she's 'super positive about life'
Entertainment

Bhumi Pednekar tests negative for coronavirus, says she's 'super positive about life'

In early April, Bhumi Pednekar and her Mr Lele co-star Vicky Kaushal, had tested positive for COVID-19

Mumbai-based filmmaker's wife, daughter die by suicide; police investigation underway
Entertainment

Mumbai-based filmmaker's wife, daughter die by suicide; police investigation underway

The police has registered two different accidental death reports in the case.

Vicky Kaushal announces he's tested negative for coronavirus 11 days after diagnosis
Entertainment

Vicky Kaushal announces he's tested negative for coronavirus 11 days after diagnosis

Vicky Kaushal had announced his coronavirus diagnosis on 5 April, writing that he tested positive "in spite of all care and precautions."