George Clooney to sue French magazine for taking 'illegal pictures' of his twins

Geogre Clooney said, 'The photographers, the agency and the magazine will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. The safety of our children demands it.'

IANS July 29, 2017 13:22:50 IST
George Clooney to sue French magazine for taking 'illegal pictures' of his twins

Los Angeles: Actor George Clooney is planning to sue paparazzi for taking illegal photographs of his newborn twins - Ella and Alexander - during their vacation in Italy.

George Clooney to sue French magazine for taking illegal pictures of his twins


File image of George and Amal Clooney. Twitter

A French magazine published the images of George and his wife Amal holding their children at their estate in Lake Como, reports aceshowbiz.com. 

"The very first pictures of the twins in the arms of their parents. Do not miss all our exclusive photos," the cover of the magazine read.

"Over the last week, photographers from Voici magazine scaled our fence, climbed our tree and illegally took pictures of our infants inside our home. Make no mistake - the photographers, the agency and the magazine will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law," George said in a statement. The statement added, "The safety of our children demands it."

In response to George's statement, a representative for the French magazine said, "George and Amal Clooney have been very public personalities for the last few years. Their wedding in Venice, in September 2014, was a very mediatic event; the pictures of them smiling to the public were seen all around the world. The birth of their twins, Ella and Alexander, had also been commented a lot, by themselves and their families."

The representative added, "The images published in Voici this Friday are a response to a public demand. People love George Clooney and have been following his life story for years now. Those pictures do not put in danger Mr Clooney, his wife or their kids."

Updated Date:

also read

Rust armourer sues film's ammunition supplier over mixing dummy and live weapons
Entertainment

Rust armourer sues film's ammunition supplier over mixing dummy and live weapons

Rust armourer sued the film's ammunition supplier, accusing him of leaving real bullets among the dummy cartridges, resulting in the fatal shooting of a cinematographer.

Netflix plans to develop two sequels of Red Notice; Rawson Marshall Thurber expected to direct
Entertainment

Netflix plans to develop two sequels of Red Notice; Rawson Marshall Thurber expected to direct

Netflix aims to start production on the sequels in 2023, with Dwayne Johnson, Gal Gadot and Ryan Reynolds to return.

Tanushree Dutta extends support to survivor in Malayalam actress assault case: 'Admire her resilience'
Entertainment

Tanushree Dutta extends support to survivor in Malayalam actress assault case: 'Admire her resilience'

Tanushree Dutta, who initiated India's #MeToo movement, supports the survivor of the Malayalam actor assault case