Former Miss India Sonu Walia lodges police complaint after receiving lewd phone calls

Sonu Walia has filed a sexual harassment complaint after she was bombarded with lewd phone calls and dirty videos on her phone.

FP Staff March 04, 2017 13:08:54 IST
Former Miss India Sonu Walia lodges police complaint after receiving lewd phone calls

Former Miss India Sonu Walia, who is best known for working alongside Rekha in the film Khoon Bhari Maang, has registered an FIR against an unknown person for harassing her over the phone. The Bangur Nagar police have booked the accused under sections 354 of IPC and other sections of the IT act reports Mumbai Mirror.

Former Miss India Sonu Walia lodges police complaint after receiving lewd phone calls

Sonu Walia Image courtesy: Wikimedia Commons

Walia, who resides in Malad in Mumbai, said that she has been getting obscene videos and lewd phone calls for a week now. The 53-year-old actor said that she had warned the caller on the phone but he increased the frequency of obscene calls. She approached the police when she could not take the harassment anymore. She was getting the calls from various numbers. Speaking to media, inspector Shirish Gaikwad said the numbers are no longer in operation.

According to Hindustan Times, fashion Shaina NC has also been receiving similar lewd phone calls and messages since last December and has also filed an FIR with the cyber crime cell. NC said she tried to ignore the harassment but 'it got out of hand' in February and she decided to approach the cops.

Akhilesh Singh, DGP of the cyber cell, said that an FIR had been registered under section 354 IPC for outraging modesty of a woman, and that further investigation were on.

Updated Date:

also read

Maharashtra's MLCs, MLAs haunted by lewd messages; helpline launched to tackle menace
India

Maharashtra's MLCs, MLAs haunted by lewd messages; helpline launched to tackle menace

A spate of vulgar text messages being sent to MLCs and MLAs in Maharashtra has alarmed the state's politicians and police officials

Chandigarh stalking case: After calling incident 'mischief', Babul Supriyo walks back tweets
India

Chandigarh stalking case: After calling incident 'mischief', Babul Supriyo walks back tweets

Union minister Babul Supriyo has called for a rationale on the 4 August incident, saying that it is not a case of kidnapping (or stalking, as claimed) but rather a case of neta's son's 'mischief'.

BJP a secular party, people's interest mirror our decisions: Shaina NC on Twitter
Politics

BJP a secular party, people's interest mirror our decisions: Shaina NC on Twitter

In an exclusive live chat on Twitter for Firstpost, BJP leader Shaina NC answered questions on the party's election strategy and what they plan to do if they come to power.