Dum Laga Ke Haisha's heroine Bhumi Pednekar: Why she is YRF's coolest find yet
Bhumi Pednekar weighs 85 kilos, doesn't have the plastic beauty that most of us associate with Bollywood heroines (although she can give every one of them a run for their jhatka) and seems to speak better Hindi than Katrina Kaif. She's also the female lead in Yash Raj Films' upcoming film, Dum Laga ke Haisha.
Pednekar's name might not be on everyone's lips, but her face should look familiar. Pednekar has been cast opposite Ayushmann Khurrana in director Sharat Katariya's film about two people who are thrown together by circumstances.
Dum Laga ke Haisha is all set to release on 27 February and will mark Pednekar's film debut. Will this film make Pednekar as famous as other YRF heroines like Anushka Sharma and Parineeti Chopra? Time will tell, but here's a little more about the actress.
1. Before becoming an actress, Pednekar was assistant to casting director Abhimanyu Ray. DNA quotes another casting director Shanoo speaking very affectionately about her and saying, "I saw her [Pednekar] in my office and I am proud of her. She is like a baby sister to me."
2. Apparently Padnekar had no idea that she was being auditioned and thought she only had to play out the part so that her performance can be used as a demo to brief other actors during their auditions.
3. Reportedly, Rani Mukerji saw portions of Dum Laga Ke Haisha and liked Padnekar's portrayal of the character so much that Mukerji personally looked for Pednekar in the YRF office and congratulated her.
4. Pednekar has great faith in Indian democracy, if her Twitter page (which isn't verified though) is anything to go by. She also seems to be a NaMo fan.
Feels good...mr.nawaz sharif and dr.manmohan singh...power of a democracy..NaMo swearing in… http://t.co/O3eFQG8prw
— bhumi pednekar (@psbhumi) May 26, 2014
Highly disappointed,angry,upset and shocked...sent back from my voting station coz my name wasn't on the list even though I voted last time. — bhumi pednekar (@psbhumi) April 24, 2014
In fact, she takes great pride in being an Indian.
Every year, India is producing twice as many engineers, scientists, and IT specialists as America.
— Fact (@Fact) May 9, 2014
5. She also loves nutella and often offers impromptu reviews of restaurants, which means we finally have a Bollywood actress who eats like te rest of us mere mortals.
— bhumi pednekar (@psbhumi) March 19, 2014
Now let's wait and watch how her performance gets reviewed when Dum Laga ke Haisha releases this week.
Updated Date: Feb 26, 2015 16:29:33 IST