Coronavirus Outbreak: Akshay Kumar, R Balki shoot awareness campaign ad at Mumbai studio with necessary precautions
R Balki informed that amid the coronavirus lockdown, his team took all the necessary precautions, including wearing masks and working with minimal crew
Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar and filmmaker R Balki on Monday shot for an advertisement campaign regarding the "post lockdown responsibilities" at Kamalistan studio while taking necessary precautions.
Balki said the advertisement was for the Health Ministry and the team took all the necessary precautions, including wearing masks and working with minimal crew.
"This is an ad for the health ministry featuring Akshay Kumar about the post lockdown responsibilities of each one of us. We need to get back to work but ensure our safety and those of others. So at our shoot we did the same.
"Like getting back to work with social distancing, sanitised outdoor set, disinfectant screen, masks. We got used to it in a few minutes. There was minimal crew and very strict protocols," Balki told Press Trust of India.
The director, who has collaborated with Akshay in films like "Padman" and "Mission Mangal", said the crew realised the shooting can be done "quite easily" following all the guidelines.
"Anil Naidu, the producer, showed us how we can do the same shoot with fewer people with maximum safety ensured. Of course, we had all the permissions of police etc. We needed to do this as this messaging was extremely important," he added.
According to pictures and videos doing the rounds from the sets, the crew had to pass through a disinfection tunnel, post which they were handed masks, face shields, and had their temperature checked by medical personnel in PPE suits.
Shooting for films and other production activities continue to stay suspended from mid-March in view of the coronavirus pandemic.
Check out the post
View this post on Instagram
Akshay Kumar with R Balki Goes On Shoot for a Goverment Ad With "Very Strict Protocols" #akshaykumar #shooting #government #governmentadvertisement #akshay #showmustgoon #rbalki #shootfilm #advertisementshoot #tellyvinesupdate #akshaykumarfans #akshaykumarlive #akshaykumarforever #akshaykumarfc #akshaykumarfanclub #tellyvines #bollywood #rbalkifilm #advertising
(With inputs from Press Trust of India)
'Don't be a prick, go get the prick': Varun Dhawan receives first dose of COVID-19 vaccine in Mumbai
Last December, Varun Dhawan was diagnosed with coronavirus alongside his Jug Jugg Jeeyo co-stars Neetu Kapoor, Maniesh Paul and director Raj Mehta while shooting for the film in Chandigarh.
Bhumi Pednekar joins Akshay Kumar in Aanand L Rai's Rakshabandhan; shooting likely to begin on 15 June, says filmmaker
Bhumi Pednekar and Akshay Kumar had previously collaborated on Toilet: Ek Prem Katha and Durgamati, on which Kumar served as co-producer.
Over 10 Tamil films eye direct OTT premiere as Kollywood industry remains divided on influx of digital platforms
With Andhagaaram and Mandela making waves on Netflix, films such as Nayanthara’s Netrikann, Vijay Sethupathi’s Tughlaq Darbar, Arun Vijay’s Border, Karthick Naren directorial Naragasooran are now in talks with leading OTT players for direct release