Catherine Zeta Jones, Michael Douglas headed for divorce?
Mirror reported that their 13-year marriage might be over and the couple is slated to make an announcement very soon.
The whispers doing the rounds about the nature of Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones' relationship at present, gained momentum when the 68-year-old actor landed in Sardinia, Italy for a game of golf - alone.
Douglas, after his marriage to much-younger Zeta Jones (43), hardly ever made public appearances without his gorgeous wife on his arm. However, Mirror reported that their 13-year marriage might be over and the couple is slated to make an announcement very soon.
Reports of a marriage crisis were denied earlier this year but Michael’s spokesman would only say yesterday: “I won’t talk about that.”
The West Australian reports that while Catherine is fighting to save their marriage, Douglas has had enough of the troubled relationship and wants out. The couple have two children together. Sources have told the publication that the couple are also bracing for a $300 million dollar divorce battle once an announcement is made.
The couple had always had their troubles. First, Douglas was diagnosed with throat cancer. Following which, Catherine started suffering from bipolar disorder. Daily Mail reported:
'Bipolar is something I have been dealing with for a long time,' she says, speaking with the Sunday Telegraph's Stella magazine. The Welsh star of Cabaret and Red 2 says when she got 'sideswept ' by Douglas' illness it was a trigger for her balance to go a bit off. 'Not sleeping, worry, stress' are just some of the symptoms she recalls suffering.
The actress spent most of her time in a rehab in May.
In the same interview, Douglas had said: "'But she's fine. She's got it stabled out. She's doing great and I can't wait to see her."
However, their differences seem to have just grown with the times if tabloids are to be believed.
Kelly Osbourne opened up about battling drug, alcohol addictions in Jada Pinkett-Smith's Red Table Talk
The official selection was announced last week, with 24 films from renowned names such as Wes Anderson, Nanni Moretti and Sean Penn, competing for the Palme d'Or and the affection of a jury headed by Spike Lee.
Ernie Lively passed away due to cardiac complications in Los Angeles on 3 June.