Meghna Gulzar to direct film on Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw after Alia Bhatt starrer Raazi
Meghna Gulzar says the current generation knows little about Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw who was directly involved in multiple historic incidents of India.
- Sam Bahadur or Sam Manekshaw was born on 3 April 1914 in Amritsar to Parsi parents
- He was the Chief of the Army Staff of the Indian Army during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971
- Manekshaw was the first Indian Army officer to be promoted to the rank of Field Marshal
- He led the Indian Army in five big wars
- He has been awarded the Padma Vibhushan and the Padma Bhushan
- On 22 April, 1939, Manekshaw married Siloo Bode in Bombay. The couple have two sons named Raoul Sam and Jehan Sam
- He breathed his last at the Military Hospital in Wellington at the age of 94, in the year 2000
The amendments of Hong Kong's Film Censorship Authority will determine whether a film contains elements that endanger national security.
Kangana Ranaut will play Sita in The Incarnation, which will be directed by Alaukik Desai.
'I’m constantly figuring out what I’m going to do next': With over 70 acting roles and 45 directing credits, Clint Eastwood, 91, does not want to call for retirement yet.