Meghna Gulzar to direct film on Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw after Alia Bhatt starrer Raazi
Meghna Gulzar, who created quite a buzz in 2015 for her movie Talvar, based on Arushi Talwar's murder, is now all set to start her next film based on the work and legacy of Field Marshal Sam Hormusji Framji Jamshedji Manekshaw, popularly known as Sam Bahadur.
Sam Manekshaw. YouTube
reports that the biopic will be produced by Ronnie Screwvala and Meghna to start on the project as soon as she finishes her current project, Raazi
, featuring Alia Bhatt and Vicky Kaushal.
Confirming the news Meghna was quoted by Mirror as saying, "I don’t think the current generation or the one before them know enough about Field Marshal Manekshaw. He was around during the Partition, the subsequent accession of Kashmir, and even during the 1971 Indo-Pak war. He was directly involved in some very significant historical events of our country. More importantly, he was a righteous and straight-forward man of principles; his men loved him."
Meghna also added that the casting has not been finalised yet and she wishes to look into it only after Raazi goes into post-production.
Know who Field Marshal Manekshaw was:
- Sam Bahadur or Sam Manekshaw was born on 3 April 1914 in Amritsar to Parsi parents
- He was the Chief of the Army Staff of the Indian Army during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971
- Manekshaw was the first Indian Army officer to be promoted to the rank of Field Marshal
- He led the Indian Army in five big wars
- He has been awarded the Padma Vibhushan and the Padma Bhushan
- On 22 April, 1939, Manekshaw married Siloo Bode in Bombay. The couple have two sons named Raoul Sam and Jehan Sam
- He breathed his last at the Military Hospital in Wellington at the age of 94, in the year 2000
Updated Date: Oct 18, 2017 14:19 PM