Arjun Kapoor returns to shoot after four months, says 'everyone needs to reset their lives as per the new normal'

Arjun Kapoor shared a still from a photoshoot on Instagram, writing he is shooting for the first time in four months.

FP Staff July 11, 2020 16:18:32 IST
Arjun Kapoor returns to shoot after four months, says 'everyone needs to reset their lives as per the new normal'

As Arjun Kapoor returned to the sets on Saturday, 11 July, after staying home for four months due to the coronavirus-induced lockdown, the actor urged people to try and adjust to the “new normal”.

Production on films, television and digital projects were put on hold in mid-March to help curb the spread of the novel virus.

(Click here to follow LIVE updates on coronavirus outbreak)

On 31 May, the Maharashtra government issued guidelines for producers and filmmakers to resume the shooting of films, TV shows and web series in non-containment zones, emphasizing safety and security norms.

Check out Arjun Kapoor's post here


Arjun's co-star for an upcoming untitled flick, Rakul Preet Singh, chimed into the comments section writing, "Chalo let's complete our film now."

Keeping in accordance with guidelines of the state government to prevent the spread of COVID-19 on the sets, cameras started rolling in the Indian television industry last month, while Bollywood is yet to begin shoot of films.

The guidelines include maintaining 33 percent crew on sets and all of them should carry identification cards and Aarogya Setu app downloaded on their compatible devices, shooting crew should maintain a six-feet distance from each other and wear masks as well as maintain hygiene.

Arjun said while he was a bit skeptical to come for the shoot, the adequate safety measures taken on the sets put him at ease.

“I have to admit that I was a bit jittery at the start but seeing all the safety measures in place, I became absolutely fine in no time. Naturally, the initial days of us stepping out to work again will be a little difficult for all of us psychologically."

“But today, I’m more confident of shooting and being around people on the sets because I have seen the extensive preparations that people are taking to ensure we have the highest safety measures on the sets," the actor said.

On film front, Arjun is awaiting the release of Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar.

The 35-year-old actor is likely to resume the shoot of the film soon.

“It felt very good to resume work and I’m looking forward to my next shooting days,” he added.

(With inputs from agencies)

Updated Date:

Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.

also read

Mulan bypasses theatrical release to premiere on Disney+ on 4 September, for $30 extra charge
Entertainment

Mulan bypasses theatrical release to premiere on Disney+ on 4 September, for $30 extra charge

Disney plans to release Mulan in theatres in areas only where Disney+ is not available.

Aamir Khan heads to Turkey to reportedly resume filming of Laal Singh Chaddha
Entertainment

Aamir Khan heads to Turkey to reportedly resume filming of Laal Singh Chaddha

In March, the shooting for Laal Singh Chaddha was halted due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Bobby Deol's digital debut Class of 83, Alia Bhatt, Sanjay Dutt's Sadak 2 get release dates
Entertainment

Bobby Deol's digital debut Class of 83, Alia Bhatt, Sanjay Dutt's Sadak 2 get release dates

Class Of 83 and Sadak 2 are among the latest Bollywood films to get a direct-to-digital release in the wake of coronavirus outbreak