Ajay Devgn shares Sons of Sardaar: The Battle of Saragarhi first look; Diwali 2017 release planned
After delivering a Box Office hit with Son of Sardaar in 2012, Ajay Devgn is all set to make its sequel called Sons of Sardaar: The Battle of Saragahi.
After delivering a box office hit with Son of Sardaar in 2012, Ajay Devgn is all set to make its sequel called Sons of Sardaar: The Battle of Saragarhi.
Devgn has shared the first look of the film on Twitter and has said that this film will be his tribute to the warriors of the Battle of Saragarhi – 'A tale of Rage, of Love, of Bravery.'
— Ajay Devgn (@ajaydevgn) July 29, 2016
The film is based on the battle of Saragarhi, that took place in 1897 between British Indian Army and Afghan Orakzai tribesmen in the North-West Frontier Province. Saying that he desires the film to be on an international scale, the Drishyam actor said to The Times of India, "For me, SOS is not just an ambitious film, it is also a sentimental one. I have been fascinated and moved when I read about the Battle of Saragarhi. I have always secretly saluted the Sikhs who participated in it. But I feel I will be doing full justice to them only when I bring their story alive on screen." Ajay had tweeted last year that the film will match the scale of Hollywood war film 300.
Need ur best wishes for Sons Of Sardaar, will match the scale of Hollywood war film 300 and based on epic Battle of Saragarhi. Diwali 2017 — Ajay Devgn (@ajaydevgn) August 19, 2015
Before this the audience saw Ajay Devgn in a period drama in the the 2002 film The Legend of Bhagat Singh for which he even won the National Award.
The actor-director is currently busy with his Diwali release Shivaay that will hit the screens on 28 October this year. Sons of Sardaar: The Battle of Saragahi is also said to be a Diwali release that will come out this year.
"You’re there with five other people, honoured for the work that you’ve done. What’s better than that?," says Glenn Close, who's earned eight Oscar nods in her career.
South actor Pia Bajpiee's brother passes away hours after her social media post requesting for urgent ventilator bed in UP
Pia Bajpiee took to Twitter and posted an SOS call, writing that she urgently required a ventilator bed as her brother was "dying". She didn't specify if he had COVID-19.
The judge said the accuser's privacy interest does not outweigh the presumption of open judicial proceedings and the prejudice to Spacey’s defense that would occur if he were to proceed anonymously.