Firstpost a weekly newspaper ("Firstpost") owned by Network18 Media & Investments Limited ("NW18") is organizing an initiative titled "Campaign Trails" ("Trails") comprising of 5 trails in Varanasi, Kashmir Valley, Marathwada, Karnataka and West Bengal which shall provide an opportunity to experience the ground realities during election times. Each Trail will have a reporter or an appropriate resource nominated by NW18 at its sole discretion.
Each Trail shall be of 3 nights and 4 days and shall comprise of unique activities relating to electioneering in the region along with curated local experiences. The total no of Trails and the location may be subject to change at the sole discretion of NW18.
Participants affirm and agree that the submission of the information by them in the registration form shall be subject to background verification to be conducted by NW18.
Information as available on the official Trails page is the only authentic and valid information. Neither NW18 nor Firstpost shall be responsible for any incorrect/misleading information relating to the Trails, presented/ displayed on any other source other than the Trails Page & will not be liable for any loss suffered by any participant based on the representation, terms, conditions, information presented / displayed on any other source other than the Trails page.To participate in the Trails, the participants shall abide by the registration process and other terms and conditions as detailed in the registration form or as may be informed during the course of participation in the Trails.
Selection of the participants will be based on the scrutiny of the participant's background by a jury appointed by NW18 and shall be at the sole discretion of the NW18 team.
Selected Participants shall pay a participation fee as may be advised by NW18 ("Participation Fee"). The Participation Fee must be paid in full by the selected participants before entry/commencement of the Trails (inclusive of the costs of Participants meals/stay/local travel and activities apportioned costs of Trails administration and taxes applicable) and a confirmation shall be forwarded to the email@example.com. The selected participants shall be required to pay the Participation Fees in the mode and manner as may be advised by NW18.
(a) Entry to the Trails event shall only be accepted through the official website and email id firstname.lastname@example.org, using the online registration service provided by Firstpost.
(b) The Participation Fee is NON REFUNDABLE under any circumstance.
(c) Participants shall be of 18 years age and above and shall be an Indian resident.
(d) Employees of NW18 and its subsidiaries/group companies and their families are not eligible to participate in the Trails
Timelines for the Trails may be subject to change at the sole discretion of Firstpost.NW18 reserves the right to amend/modify/change the schedule of the Trails at its sole discretion. However, in such an event, NW18 shall on best efforts basis, communicate such change in schedule to the selected participants.
Participants shall book their own travel to and from the point of assembly, informed for their respective Trails. For example, if a participant is selected to experience the Trail of Varanasi and the selected participants resides in New Delhi, the participants shall be solely responsible for bearing expenses and organizing travel /bookings from Delhi to Varanasi and return. All personal and incidental expenses shall be borne by participant only. Participants shall make travel arrangements once they have received a confirmation from NW18. In case of cancellation of the trail, NW18 accepts no responsibility to refund the money on account of flight bookings made by the participants.
Schedule for the Trails is as follows:
(a) Kashmir Valley: Paradise lost? April 14th -17th 2019;
(b) Coastal Karnataka: Fundamental Shifts April 8th -11th 2019;
(c) Marathwada: Of Dreams & Despair April 8th -11th 2019;
(d) West Bengal: Emotions on Fire April 26th -29th 2019; and
(e) Varanasi: The Heartland May 3rd-6th 2019.
- All registration formalities and related processes shall be closed 7 days prior to the commencement of each Trail.
- Participants undertake and affirm that they shall not use/post/upload/share the images/footage/contents of the trails through their social media handles or any other third party platforms (including but not limited to WhatsApp/Facebook/twitter etc.) without prior permission of NW18. Failure of the Participants to comply with the above conditions would entitle NW18 to disqualify the participant without any liability, in addition to other rights and remedies that NW18 may take recourse of.
- Use of personal data: NW18 shall maintain a registration database for all Participants and their chosen emergency contact. All information will be collected, stored and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Laws applicable within the territorial jurisdiction of India. NW18 may use Participants contact information to keep them informed of the event or to notify them of other events organized or promoted by NW18. NW18 may share the Participants contact details with their partner organizations. All partner organizations are clearly identified on the official Trail website. Participants have the right to 'opt-out' of this information sharing agreement at any time.
- By agreeing to participate in the Trail, the Participants grant NW18 a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, and all other standard purposes. Comments/suggestion made by the Participants or materials sent/submitted to NW18 including feedback and other communications of any kind shall be deemed to be non-confidential. NW18 is free to reproduce, distribute and publicly display such feedback and Trail entries without limitations or obligation of any kind. NW18 is also free to use name, details, any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such feedback for any purpose. The Participant hereby allows his/her face, name, signature, voice, photograph to appear on and be used in connection with the Trail and/or its promotion in any and all media including, but not limited to, the press, internet, television (including cable), satellite television and all digital mediums/platforms etc.
The Participant further grants NW18 its agents, affiliates or assigns the right to use the likeness, face, name, signature, voice, photographs, biographical data or image of the Participant in relation to the Trail to be used in connection with any sponsor merchandise, commercial tie-ups or service of any kind in relation to the Trails.
- Network18 shall be taking care of only the travel insurance of the Participants which shall cover the following heads:
(a) Emergency Accidental Hospitalisation
(b) *Accidental OPD Expenses
(c) Emergency Medical Evacuation &
(d) Repatriation of Mortal Remains
(e) Personal Accidental (Death+ PTD+ PPD)
(f) Total Loss of Checked-In Baggage
(g) Missed Connections
(i) Loss of Deposit or Cancellation (Hotel & Airline)
(k) Trip Cancellation and/or Interruption
(l) Trip Delay
However, Network18 strongly recommends selected Participants to take necessary insurance(s) including but not limited medical, travel etc. to cover all personal requirements, on their personal account and expense.
- NW18 accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by the Participant as a result of participating in the Trial.
- NW18 reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Trail with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of NW18 in all matters under its control is final and binding. NW18 reserves the right to remove a participant from the Trail where their conduct is considered to be inappropriate without any refund of the Participation Fee.
- Participants shall indemnify Firstpost, its officers, directors, affiliates, contractors, subsidiaries, agents, employees and partners from and against all claims or suits including any Intellectual Property right claims and any damages or costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from or relating to Participants violation or inaccuracy of any warrantees or representations made relating to the Trail.
- No refund of the Participation Fee shall be made if the Participant has acted negligently, maliciously, with wilful misconduct or otherwise without due care and attention for the Trail or other participants, so as to cause his/her removal/disqualification.
- In the event the Trail is cancelled before the commencement date, Firstpost shall refund the Participation Fee in total. However in the event the Trail is cancelled during or after the commencement of trail, Firstpost assumes no liability to refund the Participation Fee.
- Participants must electronically acknowledge that they have read and agreed to the Trail terms and conditions prior to their entry into the event being confirmed.
- By participating in the Trail, the Participants accept all risk and consequences of entry and participation in this Trail, and agree to release and hold Firstpost, its officers, directors, affiliates, employees, contractors, subsidiaries, agents and partners harmless from any and all consequences, liability, losses, damages (including without limitation, consequential, punitive, incidental, special or increased damages and those related to personal injury, death or damage to property) and costs and expenses, of any kind, under any legal theory, arising from or related to the Trail, including but limited to your entry and participation in this Trail, the acceptance and/or use (or misuse) of any prize, printing errors, any claims based upon rights of publicity and invasion of privacy.
- In case any additional cost/expenses is incurred by Firstpost during the Trail towards covering administrative expenses of the selected participants, then, Firstpost reserves its right to recover the same from the participant.
- Participant shall not during the Trail or after its expiry or termination for any cause, divulge to any person whatsoever or otherwise make use of any information/content/intellectual property/trade secrets or any confidential information regarding business of NW18/its group/affiliate companies. Participants shall not advertise, publish or otherwise disclose the terms of this terms and conditions without the prior written approval of NW18.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by & construed in accordance with the applicable laws in India. Any dispute including any dispute arising out of all matters with respect to the contest are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts at New Delhi only.
- The Participant acknowledges that he/she has voluntarily chosen to participate in the Trails at his/her own wish and free-will and is willing to bear all risk, costs and consequences arising from such participation in the Trails. In doing so, he/she acknowledges that he/she may be subjecting himself/herself to dangers and hazards, which could result in illness, injury or in extremely rare cases, even deadly injury which may result in fatality. He/she also acknowledges that the enjoyment and excitement of adventure is derived in part from the inherent risks incurred by doing dangerous activities beyond the accepted safety of life at home or at work and that these inherent risks contribute to such enjoyment, being a reason for his/her participation. However, medical services shall be made available or accessible while he/she is participating in the Trails. NW18 shall procure a personal accident insurance and medical policy covering the Participant's death and disability during his/her participation in the Trails ("Insurance Policy"). However this Insurance Policy shall not cover or NW18 shall not be liable for any illness, injuries, allergies, other sickness found to be existing prior to the participation of the Participant ("Pre-existing illness") or anything resulting from such Pre-existing illness. Further any claims made by the Participant shall be subject to the terms and conditions of such Insurance Policy. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that NW18 or the Producer or their staff or contractors shall in no manner be liable for any injury, sickness or fatality caused to the Participant during the Trails, promotions or travel to the shoot or promotion locations.
- For any feedback, suggestions, queries, email us at email@example.com