United Breweries Q4 net profit falls 25.26% pc to Rs 67.92 crore, income up to Rs 3,469 cr

The board of directors of United Breweries has proposed dividend of Rs 2.50 per equity share for the financial year ended 31 March 2019.-

Press Trust of India May 21, 2019 12:34:03 IST
United Breweries Q4 net profit falls 25.26% pc to Rs 67.92 crore, income up to Rs 3,469 cr
  • The company had posted a net profit of Rs 90.88 crore in the January-March period a year ago.

  • UBL's total expenses during the period stood at Rs 3,363.13 crore, up 7.07 percent as against Rs 3,141.03 crore in the corresponding quarter a year ago.

  • The company in a statement said, in the fourth quarter, volume grew in all markets except West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra.

New Delhi: United Breweries Ltd (UBL) on Tuesday reported 25.26 percent fall in its standalone net profit of Rs 67.92 crore for the fourth quarter ended March 2019.

The company had posted a net profit of Rs 90.88 crore in the January-March period a year ago.

Its total income during the quarter under review was up 5.84 percent to Rs 3,469.3 crore as against Rs 3,277.85 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous fiscal, UBL said in a regulatory filing.

UBL's total expenses during the period stood at Rs 3,363.13 crore, up 7.07 percent as against Rs 3,141.03 crore in the corresponding quarter a year ago.

United Breweries Q4 net profit falls 2526 pc to Rs 6792 crore income up to Rs 3469 cr

File image of United Breweries factory. Reuters

The company in a statement said, in the fourth quarter, volume grew in all markets except West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra.

"UBL's growth continues to lead the industry, strengthening its market position. Good performance generated healthy operating cash flows, which along with better working capital management helped internal funding of Rs 430 crore investments in the business," the company added.

The board of directors of the company has proposed dividend of Rs 2.50 per equity share for the financial year ended March 31, 2019.

Shares of UBL were trading 0.65 percent lower at Rs 1,358.80 apiece on BSE.

Updated Date:

Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.

also read

United Breweries to help India gulp more Heineken beer
Fwire

United Breweries to help India gulp more Heineken beer

As of 2010, the total beer market in India stood at around 230 million cases, of which 80 percent was accounted for by strong beer and the remaining 20 percent was mild beer.

Hearing on winding up Mallya's holding firm adjourned to April 11
India

Hearing on winding up Mallya's holding firm adjourned to April 11

The Karnataka High Court on Thursday adjourned the final hearing to April 11 on winding up petitions against United Breweries Holdings Ltd. (UBHL) of liquor baron Vijya Mallya for defaulting on loans to its defunct Kingfisher Airlines

United Breweries asks Vijay Mallya to step down from board
Business

United Breweries asks Vijay Mallya to step down from board

Last month, Sebi had banned Mallya and six former officials of United Spirits Ltd (USL) from securities markets in a case related to illegal fund diversions, while probe is on into the role of auditors and change of control at the company.