Check out: The 3 properties Sahara's Subrata Roy is hoping will bail him out of jail

 Check out: The 3 properties Saharas Subrata Roy is hoping will bail him out of jail

Sahara chief Subrata Roy has sought an extension of ten days from the Supreme Court to seal the deals for his hotels abroad. Roy moved the apex court on Friday to to allow him to use conference room facilities at Tihar Jail for 10 more days to sell the three Sahara hotels - abroad. The three hotels had been purchased by the group over the past few years for about Rs 150 crore. Take a look at the three foreign hotels Sahara hopes to sell.
The Plaza - The group bought the iconic New York hotel in November 2012. Sahara group holds 75 percent stake in this hotel for a reported $575 million, while the remaining 25 percent is with the Kingdom Holding Company. The Plaza , known as a historic landmark of New York, was built in 1907 as a residence for some highly affluent New Yorkers and has more than 100 suites and a retail space occupied by high-end fashion retailers among others. Image: Reuters

Grosvenor House - Sahara had acquired London's Grosvenor House, another iconic building, from Royal Bank of Scotland Group in late 2010 for $726 million, according to Bloomberg. The hotel is located in the prestigious locality of Park Lane in Mayfair, London. It has 420 rooms, 74 suites and 27 meeting rooms, among other amenities. Image: Reuters

Grosvenor House - Sahara had acquired London's Grosvenor House, another iconic building, from Royal Bank of Scotland Group in late 2010 for $726 million, according to Bloomberg. The hotel is located in the prestigious locality of Park Lane in Mayfair, London. It has 420 rooms, 74 suites and 27 meeting rooms, among other amenities. Image: Reuters

Dream Downtown - Sahara bought this hotel from hotelier Vikram Chatwal for a reported $220 million in late 2012. The hotel has 315 suites and rooms designed like lofts and is located close to the trendy New York neighbourhoods of Chelsea and the West Village. Image: Reuters

Dream Downtown - Sahara bought this hotel from hotelier Vikram Chatwal for a reported $220 million in late 2012. The hotel has 315 suites and rooms designed like lofts and is located close to the trendy New York neighbourhoods of Chelsea and the West Village. Image: Reuters

Updated Date: Sep 05, 2014 12:40:22 IST