Cisco has today announced the release of Cisco Borderless Access. This portion of the company’s Borderless Networks architecture comprises products and service innovations that enable seamless and secure wired-wireless communications, business-wide energy management, and the optimised delivery of video applications.
As part of this architecture, Cisco is introducing an entire new series of fixed-switching product lines – the Cisco Catalyst 3560/3750-X Series and 2960-S Series – that provide a suite of new professional services offerings, flexible entry-level pricing, and an enhanced limited lifetime warranty. In addition to its switching lines, Cisco announced new routing innovation in the areas of advanced security and performance.
Network Services Highlights
* EnergyWise –Cisco EnergyWise harnesses network intelligence to help customers proactively control energy consumption and lower operating costs and carbon footprint. Cisco today announced the next release of this technology, featuring Cisco EnergyWise Orchestrator, which extends power management to PCs and laptops in addition to Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices.
* Cisco TrustSec – Cisco TrustSec is a next-generation security solution allowing customers to deploy security policies across all access technologies, whether those are wired, wireless or virtual private networks. It combines identity and policy to help protect both customer and employee transactions anywhere on the network and to help ensure that users are authenticated and given access to network services based on identity. Cisco announced today that Cisco TrustSec is now available on the Catalyst 3560/3750 product portfolio. In addition, the new Catalyst 3560/3750-X Series features standards-based 802.1a/e (MACsec) implementations, which provide protection of sensitive data from eavesdropping and theft through advanced encryption between the switch and the client.
* Medianet – Medianet solutions enable businesses to take advantage of video applications to transform workforce interactions. Medianet technology enables the detection and optimisation of video and video endpoints, as well as the allocation and prioritisation of network resources so that video can be delivered from one type of device, such as a Cisco TelePresence unit, to another type, such as a laptop or mobile phone. Medianet 1.0 is now supported on the new Catalyst fixed switches and Cisco ISR G2 routers.
New Fixed-Switching Product Highlights
* Cisco Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X: The stackable and stand-alone switches deliver high-performance switching with 10 gigabit Ethernet, full PoE+ on all ports and a flexible smart uplink module. In addition to StackWise Plus, which provides high availability to the data path, Cisco today introduced Cisco StackPower, a power-interconnect technology that brings power resiliency to a stack of Catalyst 3750-X Series switches. With Cisco StackPower, the power supplies in a stack of up to four switches can be shared as a common resource among all the switches. In the event of power supply failures, power is maintained for business-critical applications while shedding power for lower-priority devices as defined by the user. A single 1100-watt power supply can provide power to four switches and the mission-critical end points attached to them, helping to ensure business continuity.
* Cisco Catalyst 2960-S: With the introduction of the Cisco Catalyst 2960-S Series Switch, Cisco delivers more access options, with solutions packaged and priced to meet diverse customer scalability, resilience, and security needs. The Catalyst 2960-S delivers FlexStack stacking for increased availability and performance, 10GE uplinks, full PoE on every port plus support for PoE+, and the full Cisco EnergyWise capabilities.
New Routing Product Highlights
* Cisco Integrated Services Router G2 3900 E-Series: Introduced in October 2009, the Cisco ISR G2 is the next-generation portfolio of enterprise routers designed to better enable rich-media applications, service virtualisation and energy efficiency. Today, Cisco announced it has tripled the performance of the ISR G2 router line and extended the delivery of high-performance video applications, service integration and cost savings to remote businesses.
* Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers Software Release 6: The latest release for the ASR-1000 family of routers delivers new security, unified communications, and management capabilities to enable customers to deliver borderless services over the WAN. Additionally, the ASR 1000 Series now includes the Smart Call Home feature, which increases platform reliability.
Your guide to the latest cricket World Cup stories, analysis, reports, opinions, live updates and scores on https://www.firstpost.com/firstcricket/series/icc-cricket-world-cup-2019.html. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram or like our Facebook page for updates throughout the ongoing event in England and Wales.
Updated Date: Feb 02, 2017 22:29:22 IST