VMware Enhances Virtualisation Capabilities For SMEs
VMware Go is a Web-based service that provides SMEs with an easy on-ramp to virtualising .
VMware, Inc has announced new features of VMware Go, a Web-based service that provides small and medium businesses (SMBs) with an easy on-ramp to virtualising their applications by automating the installation and configuration of the industry-leading hypervisor, VMware ESXi. VMware Go was developed in partnership with Shavlik Technologies, a member of VMware’s Technology Alliance Partner Program.
Another new feature of VMware Go is Collective Intelligence, which helps guide a customer’s virtualisation experience by aggregating user data to show virtualisation best practices. With Collective Intelligence, users can view what other users have done in each stage of the virtualisation. Additionally, users can view reports and dashboards with such information as the average number of virtual machines users are creating per VMware ESXi host, the top five hardware types on which the community is running VMware ESXi, or the top five virtual appliances that have been downloaded from VMware Go.
"With the new features of VMware Go, we’re providing the easiest on-ramp to virtualisation for SMBs – at no additional cost," said Manoj Yadevan, Director- Emerging Business and Products, VMware.
VMware Go simplifies and accelerates virtualisation in three simple steps:
1. Initial VMware ESXi setup
- Unique Web browser interface, intuitive wizard setup, and collective intelligence guides accelerate installation and setup process.
- Built-in hardware compatibility check automates the process of selecting physical server environments.
- Migrate VMware Server virtual machines to VMware ESXi in an automated fashion.
2. Virtual machine creation
- Leverage existing physical server configuration, install a prebuilt virtual appliance, or start with a new, clean virtual machine.
3. Manage VMware ESXi hosts and virtual machines
- Basic management interface simplifies changes to a virtual environment
- Monitor virtual machines for basic performance and resource utilization
- Patch scan and remediation for VMware ESXi
- Scan and update virtual machines from a central console
Nissan India ties up with Orix for subscription model; monthly lease plans for the Nissan Magnite start at Rs 17,999.
Samsung launches Galaxy Book Go, Galaxy Book Go 5G with Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets: All you need to know
The Samsung Galaxy Book Go 5G is supported by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8cx Gen 2 processor.