AirAsia to launch flight services to more cities next fiscal as part of expansion plans for 2021-22

The Tata Sons-AirAsia group joint venture airline currently flies only on domestic routes

Press Trust of India December 24, 2019 10:11:47 IST
AirAsia to launch flight services to more cities next fiscal as part of expansion plans for 2021-22
  • The Bengaluru-based carrier flies to Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata; at present, it flies to 21 destinations pan-India with a fleet of 27 A320 aircraft

  • AirAsia India has commenced operations on new routes between New Delhi-Kochi and New Delhi–Ahmedabad from 20 December

  • Tata Sons owns 51 percent in the budget carrier, while Malaysian carrier AirAsia Berhad holds the rest 49 percent stake

Mumbai: Low-cost carrier AirAsia India will launch its flight services to more cities next fiscal as part of its "robust" network expansion plans for 2020-21, a top company official has said.

The Bengaluru-based carrier flies to Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata. At present, it flies to 21 destinations pan-India with a fleet of 27 A320 aircraft.

"We continue to strengthen our network across India. I am confident that, with the robust expansion plans we have chalked out for 2020-2021, we will be able to offer our services on many more new routes," AirAsia India COO Ankur Garg said in a release, on Monday, which also announced the launching of flights to Kochi and Ahmedabad.

AirAsia to launch flight services to more cities next fiscal as part of expansion plans for 202122

Representational image. Reuters

AirAsia India has commenced operations on new routes between New Delhi-Kochi and New Delhi–Ahmedabad from 20 December, the airline said in the release.

It will operate a daily service to the two cities from the nation's capital, as per the release.

The airline also said it continues to deliver on its goal of providing non-stop connectivity between various cities in its domestic network.

The Tata Sons-AirAsia group joint venture airline currently flies only on domestic routes but is awaiting a go-ahead from the government to fly international. Tata Sons owns 51 percent in the budget carrier, while Malaysian carrier AirAsia Berhad holds the rest 49 percent stake.

AirAsia India flew 7.60 lakh passengers in November with a 5.9 percent market share.

Updated Date:

Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.

also read

Banished and dissociated: These businesses and institutions are cutting ties with Donald Trump
World

Banished and dissociated: These businesses and institutions are cutting ties with Donald Trump

Big businesses donate to both political parties and say their support is tied to narrow issues of specific interest to their industries. Now, a flurry of companies are reviewing their giving practices.

Saudi Arabia to open air space, land and maritime borders for Qatar with a view to ending Gulf crisis
World

Saudi Arabia to open air space, land and maritime borders for Qatar with a view to ending Gulf crisis

Qatar's land border has been closed since 2017, when Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the UAE and Bahrain launched a blockade against the Gulf State owing to its support to Islamist extremist groups

Historic Air India flight, manned by all-women cockpit crew, takes off from San Francisco for Bengaluru
India

Historic Air India flight, manned by all-women cockpit crew, takes off from San Francisco for Bengaluru

Air India has said this will be the longest commercial flight in the world to be operated by it or any other airline in India. AI176 will fly over the North Pole and take the Atlantic route to Bengaluru