articles by Patrick Paul


World Blood Cancer Day: Blood stem cell transplant can give patients a second chance at life

A blood stem cell transplant can be a potentially life-saving treatment for blood cancer patients.


Explained: Process of transporting stem cell from donor to patient for a successful transplant

The blood stem cell must be transported between +1-10 degree Celsius temperature and the viability of the stem cells between said temperatures is 72 hours.


Coronavirus pandemic poses a challenge to blood stem-cell transplants, donor registration drives

About 30 percent of patients find a sibling match as stem cell donors and the rest 70 percent depend on finding a matching unrelated donor.