Ankara: At least 37 people were killed and 125 others injured after an explosion hit Turkey's capital city of Ankara, the media reported on Monday.
A bomb-laden car caused the explosion late Sunday night near Kizilay square, Hurriyet Daily News reported.
Health Minister Mehmet Müezzinoglu said the toll increased as three more people died from their injuries in the hospital on Monday.
Müezzinoglu said 30 people were killed at the scene of the explosion, while four others died on their way to the hospital, adding that two of them could be the attackers.
The condition of nine people are still critical.
The wounded were transferred to 10 different hospitals across Ankara, CNN Türk reported.
The blast took place where around 10 bus stops are located.
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan condemned the attack in a written statement, adding that "Turkey has become a target of terror attacks due to the instabilities in the region."
"Our people should not worry, the struggle against terrorism will for certain end in success and terrorism will be brought to its knees," he said.
According to sources, Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu has postponed a visit to Jordan following the bombing.
So far, no group has claimed responsibility of the attack.
This is the third major blast to hit the Turkish capital since October 2015.
Islamic State militants bombed a peace rally near the Ankara Railway Station that killed 103 people on 10 October, 2015.
On 17 February, a suicide car bomb attack targeted military shuttles in the capital city on killing 29 people and injuring 81 others.