The Pentagon has failed to disclose up to thousands of air strikes the US military carried out over several years in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan against militants in those countries, the Military Times reported on Sunday.
Last year, the United States carried out at least 456 air strikes in Afghanistan that were not documented in a US Air Force database, the website reported. The air strikes were conducted by US Army helicopters and drones.
The incomplete data could go back to October 2001, according to the Military Times, which describes itself as an independent news organisation.
The Pentagon and Army did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
Earlier, while facing questions about a raid conducted in Yemen, in which a US Navy SEAL and some civilians including an eight-year-old girl were killed, the Pentagon had said that good intelligence was collected and had released clips of video retrieved during the raid.
"The videos released are samples of a series of detailed, do-it-yourself lessons intended for aspiring terrorist bomb-makers and included an exhortation to use those techniques to attack the West," an accompanying statement from Central Command had said.
Central Command added that among those killed in the raid were two al Qaeda operations planners and weapons experts.
Published Date: Feb 06, 2017 05:08 pm | Updated Date: Feb 06, 2017 05:08 pm