New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday condemned the "horrific" attack in Munich and said his prayers are with the families of the deceased.
"We are appalled by the horrific incident in Munich. Our thoughts & prayers are with the families of the deceased and those injured," he said in a tweet.
We are appalled by the horrific incident in Munich. Our thoughts & prayers are with the families of the deceased & those injured.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) July 23, 2016
Ten persons were killed and 21 injured when a gunman went on a shooting rampage in a mall in Munich in Germany.
The mall shooting comes just eight days after a 31-year-old Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel used a truck to mow down 84 people, including children, in the French Riviera city of Nice last week.
It was the third major attack on French soil in the past 18 months, after the jihadist carnage in Paris in November and the shootings at satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo and a kosher supermarket in January 2015.
In March, Islamic State-claimed suicide bomb attacks at Brussels airport and a city metro station left 32 people dead.
In May in Germany, a mentally unstable 27-year-old man carried out a knife attack on a regional train in Bavaria, killing one person and injuring three others.
Published Date: Jul 23, 2016 10:05 AM | Updated Date: Jul 23, 2016 10:13 AM