According General Mohammad Reza Naghdi, the head of Iran's Basij militia, satellite channels "deviate the society's morality and culture". As a result, Iran has reportedly destroyed 100,000 satellite dishes, and banned them. It is now punishable under the law by upto a fine of $2,800.
For us Indians, that is just another ban. However, it's not just India or Iran that have these bizarre laws. There are many countries with weirder/crazier laws that people are expected to follow.
1. In La Paz, Bolivia, a married woman is not allowed to have more than one glass of wine.
2. Milan expects you to either smile all the time, or pay a fine.
Except during funerals or hospital visits.
3. Are you a married woman living in Florida? Well then, you can only skydive on a Sunday!
4. It is illegal to have sex with wild animals, in Iran.
However, it is totally legal to have sex with certain types of domesticated animals!
5. There is a ban on 'noisy footwear' in Capri, Italy.
Sorry if you're on a vacation in Capri and flip-flops are your go-to footwear.
6. It is forbidden to be fat in Japan. Men over 40 to cannot have a waistline over 31 inches, and women cannot have waistlines over 35 inches.
While you can certainly enjoy sumo wrestling, you can't really aspire to be their size.
Published Date: Jul 26, 2016 12:50 PM | Updated Date: Jul 26, 2016 12:50 PM