Cairo: Two terrorists have been killed during raids carried out by the army in Egypt's restive North Sinai governorate, officials said on Sunday.
Army spokesperson Tamer el-Refae said that the Takfiri terrorists were "very dangerous" and wanted by the authorities.
A main tunnel on the Sinai border line was discovered and destroyed, he said.
Egypt's North Sinai has witnessed many terror attacks since January 2011 uprising that toppled ex-president Hosni Mubarak.
The attacks, targeting police and military, increased after the ouster of Islamist ex-president Mohamed Morsi in 2013 by military following massive protests against his rule.
Hundreds of police and army personnel have been killed since then.
The military has launched security operations in the North Sinai area where some terrorists are based.
The security forces have arrested suspects and demolished houses that belong to terrorists, including those facilitating tunnels leading to the Gaza Strip.
Published Date: Aug 06, 2017 04:17 pm | Updated Date: Aug 06, 2017 04:19 pm