You are here: Home » Topics » » Kolkata » Videos

Fire at Kolkata's Chatterjee International building due to short circuit

Sep 02, 2014    

Kolkata The fire which broke out on Tuesday morning at the 24-storey Chatterjee International building near Park Street in Kolkata is now under control, fire officials said. Officials added that electrical short-circuit in the building led to the blaze.Four fire tenders had rushed to the spot along with two hydraulic ladders to rescue trapped people, officials said.Four people who were trapped in the upper floors have been rescued and sent to the SSKM Hospital where they are being treated for breathing problems due to smoke inhalation, reported Hindustan Times.According to a report on CNN-IBN,...

Read More