Following our release of the updated iPad app, we are thrilled to give you a new iPhone experience.
Similar to the process that went behind our iPad update, the aim of this update was to incorporate reader feedback and make the iPhone experience more focused.If the iPad experience is about reading, the iPhone experience is about accessing as much Firstpost content as you want and displaying it in the way that you want.
1) Infinite scroll: Since our launch on 9 May 2011 we have increased publishing exponentially. Therefore the old experience of displaying 20 stories per section was simply not enough. We are now displaying 100 or more stories per section. Search will also allow you dig as deep as you want into our content. And this is across photos and videos as well. Progressive download will let you see more and more content across each page
2) My FP: We believe that if you’ve downloaded our app you like our content a lot. But we also know that your interests might be more across some verticals than others. Therefore in this release you will be able to build a frontpage of content that you like. Not only that you can also look back at content that you might have searched for in the past or read before, in case you want to revisit an article of the past.
3) Homepage archive: Similar to the iPad you can view an archive of seven days to understand better the week’s homepages
4) Ebook archive: You can also read all our longform in the ebooks section
5) Comments: Post, reply and like features of commenting are fully integrated into this update
Thanks for reading and using Firstpost!